Gutted!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jimmy Ash

Gutted!

Post by Jimmy Ash »

I can't tell you how gutted I am, I've just got back from my doctors and I'm out of running for 2 weeks. I'm suffering from a tear in the lower calf muscle of my right leg and seems I've had it for at least 10 days, this has been aggravated by me forcing my runs. It seems as though the last few runs have been a waste of time :cry:
Monkey

Re: Gutted!

Post by Monkey »

Sorry to hear that Jimmy :o Such a shame! But listen to your Doc and don't be tempted to try running before the 2 weeks are up otherwise you'll put yourself back further!!

Don't fret mate - you can always start the programme again - it's not going anywhere! ;)

Luv
Monkey
xxxxxxx
urbanrunner

Post by urbanrunner »

Get well soon - I know it's hard but don't let it make you give up. Every runner has an injury at some point so see it as part of the training, learning to listen to our bodies! It's just two weeks so you'll be better soon and ready for London 2012!! Take it easy!
Ruthyo

Post by Ruthyo »

Ooh no, Jimmy! How disappointing for you, but make sure you take the doc's advice and I'm sure it won't be long before you're back on it :)
Take it easy
jaysonjaz

Post by jaysonjaz »

that sucks man.. Sorry to hear it. Just remember than when you come back from resting, you won't be all the way back where you started. You're going to be just fine, this is just a bump on your road to becoming a runner.
Jimmy Ash

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Right guys i'm nearly ready to come back but where do i start? Should i go back to the beginning or say slot in around week 3.
Jimmy Ash

Re: Honey I'm Home!!!!!

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Well guys after a 6ish week lay off due to injury, work and holidays i'm back and raring to go. I've decided to start all over from the beginning just to see how i get on but might skip forward past weeks if everything goes ok. I'm so happy to be back!! :D
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Glad yr back. Hope the calf holds out ok. The warm-ups are really important. And probably wise to keep yr pace a bit slower than what you were doing before. Cheers. Mike
Jimmy Ash

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Just completed w5r2 tonight and felt awful during and after. Couldn't get myself going or motivated for the run so just jogged which seems to be the norm of late. I've got my first 25 min non stop on Thurs and i'm not looking forward to it at all but will give it my best shot.
Jimmy Ash

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Sorry, it was w6r2 I did tonight!!