Look who got a big shout out!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Dawn

Look who got a big shout out!!

Post by Dawn »

Just wondered if you had seen this! :)

http://www.active.com/women/Articles/6- ... p=17-7-927
Dizzysmum

Re: Look who got a big shout out!!

Post by Dizzysmum »

Hi,has anyone tried any of the other apps?
I like the look of upbeat and run keeper but would like to use them at the same time as get running, would they all work at the same time does anyone know?

Tina
urbanrunner

Post by urbanrunner »

Hi Tina! I use run keeper at the same time as get running. It too can use the music from my iPod without any problem and there's another person talking in your ear too. They haven't as yet spoken at the same time. Run keeper is great and shows you a map of where you've run and gives you times etc. I plan on using this when I finish get running (next week!! :))
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

I'd not seen that article! Thanks for the link!
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Hi Tina, I too use Runkeeper. It's excellent. Certainly got everything I need and then some really. You can set prompts and make your own workout programs. Runs fine with Get Running. . It's really helpful

Dawn

Top Billing Benjohn! ;)
Dizzysmum

Post by Dizzysmum »

Think I need to get run keeper! Anything that helps has to be a good thing!
One more rest day and off I go again!

Hope I can do a long run again. Week 7 here I come. :?
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Dizzysmum wrote:Think I need to get run keeper! Anything that helps has to be a good thing!
One more rest day and off I go again!

Hope I can do a long run again. Week 7 here I come. :?
Not a fan of the RunKeeper app myself - the iPhone GPS is just not accurate enough for me. I bought a Garmin ForeRunner which is *much* better, although pricey, and does heart rate monitoring too. The RunKeeper site is great though, I still upload my Garmin routes to it for tracking purposes.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

samjdalton wrote:
Not a fan of the RunKeeper app myself - the iPhone GPS is just not accurate enough for me. I bought a Garmin ForeRunner which is *much* better, although pricey, and does heart rate monitoring too. The RunKeeper site is great though, I still upload my Garmin routes to it for tracking purposes.
I agree that without doubt a Garmin is better....but Runkeeper is a great cheap alternative for the less serious runner I think. I would like to get one because I also Geocache but for me, I run just for me, I don't intend to compete or anything so it's great.

Still, very jealous of your garmin! lol :)