Its HOT out there!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jaysonjaz

Its HOT out there!

Post by jaysonjaz »

Anyone else here struggling through the heat of the summer? Last night I waited until 8pm to go out and the heat index was still at 105degrees (thats 41degrees Celsius for all my UK friends) here on the East coast of the US . That is absolutely ridiculous for this part of the world, but since I didn't want to skip a run, I hydrated all day before and right before I went out. Everything went well for my 25 min run, but when I got to the cool down part of the walk, I felt a bit light headed. Any suggestions? What are you guys doing to stay alive? :)
Pushingit

Re: Its HOT out there!

Post by Pushingit »

Try running in Ireland where you go from heat exhaustion to hypothermia all in the one run!! Don't envy you running in that heat i dont think I could exist let alone run
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I hate running in the summer heat - luckily we are having a rubbish summer this year - so it's not upsetting me at all! I can't help with tips though - im sorry - i will watch with interest for any suggestions though! ;)
chipset

Post by chipset »

I have been running at 10 PM still to suffer with 95-98 degrees. It's not fun.
AliM

Post by AliM »

Don't know how u do it. I run at 0700 . Any temp more than 18 degrees leaves me very red and feeling terrible. Looking forward to the autumn!! Can only admire you. Well done!!!!