Struggling Week 7, Day 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
chipset

Struggling Week 7, Day 1

Post by chipset »

I had been doing ok on the program. It pushed me through the first few weeks. And then Week 6 run 3 I struggled, needing to walk a tiny bit (3 times for about 10 seconds).

I tried doing Week 7 run 1, but I struggled so much I could only manage about 10 minutes running and finally gave up. This may have been self induced, as I ate pasta, and too much of it. Then I took water with me for the first time. Struggles galore.

So, I wait a couple days and run my Week 7 Run 1 again.. And again, I couldn't keep running the entire time. I timed myself and essentially at the 8, 10 and 23 minute marks I walked about 10 seconds. The first two times were due to the muscles above my knees and the third due to exhaustion.

Should I roll back to week 6 or press on with Week 7 run 2?

Thoughts?
Dawn

Re: Struggling Week 7, Day 1

Post by Dawn »

I would say if it is getting you down, go back just to take the pressure off you a bit.....if you feel like you are "failing" (and i don't think you are because you have to remember how far you have come) it will set your mind back a bit.....but if you can have another go and not give yourself a hard time if you struggle....have another go. Remember we are running for us, there are no rules or goals other than those we set ourselves! That's what i try to remember when i have a rubbish day. And it can be for som many reasons too.... I couldn't get myself outside at all today!!!! It's done now though...i can't hold it against myself :) At least you did it!!......