Just Started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Re: Just Started

Post by KeepTrying »

Whoa! :-) Not been able to get online to post for a few days. Chuffed that the programme is still progressing nicely. Now 50% on my way to graduation date! Did w4r2 this morning. Finding the 5 min runs a bit taxing - but - thanks to the graduated programme and the coaching - they are perfectly doable. Did a 5.2 route this morning which I recall I tried to stumble around puffing and gasping 18 months ago when I did it with no planning or coaching. Went so well this morning that I feel like doing it again tonight! (I won't - I'll leave it for the required 2 days). I'm so impressed with this application - thanks! Good luck to any newbies out there. Keep at it. :-) Mike :mrgreen:
Last edited by KeepTrying on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Week4 completed now. Body feels good. Just looked ahead at w5. I see there are 3 different stages. Feeling a bit anxious re. w5r2 onwards when the 8 min runs kick in. Probably will have to follow coach Claire's advice to slow my pace a bit. Shocked myself the other day by looking at a website promoting a local 10k charity run in early October 2011. probably too early to do it yet cos will only finish this C25K programme in late September.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

3x5min runs this morning on first run of week 5. For the first time felt pretty tired at the end of the run. Just wanted to flake out and lie down without doing any stretches. But managed to do them and now doing the flaked-out stage! Pleased that can manage 5min runs now. But a bit anxious re the ramping up to 8mins and then beyond from now onwards. But have got this far already and others on this programme are an inspiration - so I feel hopeful.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

W5r2. 2x8mins. Felt ok. But I know it would have killed me if I had tried this 4 weeks ago. A big one next run. 20mins. But it must be do-able cos others have done it!
catkims

Post by catkims »

KeepTrying wrote:W5r2. 2x8mins. Felt ok. But I know it would have killed me if I had tried this 4 weeks ago. A big one next run. 20mins. But it must be do-able cos others have done it!
Yep, that's the spirit!
You're doing amazing. In some ways I can't wait to get to the stage you're at, in others I'm happy with my 1 min runs thank you very much! :lol:
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Woohoo! Great feeling. Did the 20min run today (w5r3) and really enjoyed it. Was actually quite lookign forward to it all yesterday - with a sort of excited apprehension. Just shows what a fab application this is - as in bygone years - I have always dreaded the thought of dragging myself out to do runs. Legs have a nice warm achy feeling this morning. Big grin on my face this morning when Claire the Coach said 'you are definately a runner now' :D
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Chatting to myself here LOL :lol: But just worked out my distance on endomondo. Full distance for the 5m walk + 20min run + 5min walk was 5.25km :-)
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Did my w6r1 run a day ahead of schedule as my next few days are fiddly. Beautiful crisp sunny morning. Starting to see some familiar faces (dog walkers, runners, commuters).
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Found the 2x 10min runs of w6r2 a bit taxing. I thought Coach Claire was on strike towards the end of the second 10m run as she seemed not to be speaking! Just looked ahead to the rest if the programme. All 25mins then 28mins then 30mins! Yikes. No rests in the middle any more. Fingers crossed.....
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Phew. First 25min run this morning (w6r3). Have to admit was a bit worried about it before setting out. Procrastination ruled - lots of fiddling with iPhone, shoes, keys etc etc. But took the plunge. Bright crisp early mornign sun. Lovely. All went well - I even overtook someone! (...I know - this is not about racing - but it was still a nice feelgin to think that 6 weeks ago I woudl have been gasping on the floor in his wake! :mrgreen: ). Started flagging a bit after the 20min point - but kept up the pace and was so elated Isprinted the last 1 minute :P . Worked out my distance on Endomondo later. In the 25 mins running I covered 5.2km without stopping. Whoopee. I think that must be my first actual unbroken run of >5km. Thank you Benjohn and all other Get Runners out there. :D