Just Started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
SheCutsHair

Re: Just Started

Post by SheCutsHair »

It was awesome! I breezed right thru it. I loved it when Claire said I am now a runner lol. Wonderful feeling!
"Running...It takes all I've got, but gives back more"

"It's 5 am. Do you know where your running shoes are?"
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Great SheCuts. There'll be no stopping you now.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

27 'official' C25K runs later (plus a few extras I slipped in) and a fair number of kilometres - and I have finished the programme. Just completed w9r3 this evening. My first run in the rain - quite fun! The programme and this wonderful app has done what was promised on the tin. Sad to say cheerio to Coach Claire. But ready to move on. Hopefully running will remain a part of my life from now on (... something must have happened - I even bought a copy of Runners' World the other day!). Thanks for those who have shared my ramblings on this ad hoc blog. I hope that others - present and future - who try this app will also find that - after 2 months - they are able to call them selves a new runner too! Good luck. keep running. Enjoy!
ICANDoTHIS

Post by ICANDoTHIS »

KeepTrying wrote:27 'official' C25K runs later (plus a few extras I slipped in) and a fair number of kilometres - and I have finished the programme. Just completed w9r3 this evening. My first run in the rain - quite fun! The programme and this wonderful app has done what was promised on the tin. Sad to say cheerio to Coach Claire. But ready to move on. Hopefully running will remain a part of my life from now on (... something must have happened - I even bought a copy of Runners' World the other day!). Thanks for those who have shared my ramblings on this ad hoc blog. I hope that others - present and future - who try this app will also find that - after 2 months - they are able to call them selves a new runner too! Good luck. keep running. Enjoy!
Mike, Thanks for all all of your posts! I just read through your journey from beginning til today and am inspired. I just finished W1R1 and hope to be able to follow in your footsteps! I hope you keep posting... I am sure I am sure you have lots of followers! Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration and Congratulations from across the "pond" :)
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Thanks for the good wishes ICANdoTHIS. Great to hear you have started the journey. I hope you enjoy it and imagine - in a couple of months you can be here inspiring others and feeling great about what you have accomplished! :D
SheCutsHair

Post by SheCutsHair »

Thanks again for all your postings Mike! Happy to say I am right behind you. I only have 3 weeks left and each run seems to get easier for me. This app really is a wonderful thing. Good luck to you in whatever you do next!

KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

SheCutsHair wrote:Thanks again for all your postings Mike! Happy to say I am right behind you. I only have 3 weeks left and each run seems to get easier for me. This app really is a wonderful thing. Good luck to you in whatever you do next!
Hey! Thanks HairCutter ;) Glad it is going well for you and you are enjoying it. Hey - I even found myself buying and reading a runners magazine the other day! Chuffed to death right now as just had a really fab run. Had the afternoon off and got out at 2pm. Hot day here (surprisingly so for UK in late September). And I managed to beat my target of a sub-25 min 5k run! (5k in 24m09s). Felt really tough at the time - but I'm buzzing now! Not bad for a 47y old bloke.... I guess this is what 'proper' runners call a PB. (And only two months ago I thought a PB was short for Polar Bear!)

Keep the posts coming SheCutsHair - and enjoy those runs! :D Mike
SheCutsHair

Post by SheCutsHair »

Very nice time there Mike. I have no idea my what my pace is yet. Just running nice and easy until I finish the program. I finished Wk7 R1 today and it was great. I'm pretty sure I can do the 30 minute runs already with no problems, but will stick to the scheduled runs. I am tempted to throw in some extra runs though. ;)

KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Great SheCuts. Before you know where you are you will be doing 30mins with no probs at all.

I started the B210K programme - but didn't feel comfortable to slipping back to 10min runs with gaps so have just been continuing my endurance and lengthening my runs. Ran 12.5km over 72 mins last Sunday non-stop! Whooppeeee. Just been out tonight again and really enjoyed an 8.5km in 41mins. It's amazing what this thing has done to me LOL. I've definitely got a HM* next June in my sights now...

Mike
*runner's jargon - apparently means a half marathon. 21km!
SheCutsHair

Post by SheCutsHair »

Wk8 R1 down. I'm amazed at the changes in myself, both physically and mentally since starting this program. Yesterday I decided to bump my runs from 3 x week to 5 with Tuesdays & Saturdays off, so I should finish up next Monday. Definitely going to start working towards running for 1 hour at a time after a couple of weeks of steady 30 min runs. Hey Mike! If you're still around, hope things are going well for you! :D :D :D