Just Started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Just Started

Post by KeepTrying »

Well. It's happened at last. Been putting off the day but decided today is the day to start. Previous attempts have been with no coaching, no prep and not much thought! Went in too quick and - after initial burst of enthusiasm - felt dreadful as pulled muscles started telling me how foolish I was. No longer a spring chicken. Decided to find an app which would take me gently by the hand. A quick hit on Google and found this one reviewed very well. Just had a pleasant 30 minutes in the company of a helpful friendly lady inside my iPhone (Australian?). 26 more sessions and I might graduate! Watch this space...
Dawn

Re: Just Started

Post by Dawn »

Hello - And well done - that's the hardest run done :) I thought she was Australian - once - a long time ago there was a bit of an official guessing game - i wasn't here for the outcome so if anyone here now (BenJohn?) could let us know....?? :) ! lol

Where are you based and are you running indoors or out???

Dawn
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Dawn – everything you'd like to know is here:

viewtopic.php?p=1619#p1619

:-)
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Ah ha! Thanks - I have wondered all this time! :)
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Thanks Dawn - and BenJohn (great app!). Week 1 run 2 completed. A bit achey from 2d ago (I must be soooo unfit!). Felt a bit tougher today. But pleased to have done it :-). Outdoors run. Hertfordshire UK. Lovely summer evening. Wondering if a cold beer is now deserved!  Plan to be back here Tuesday.
Bae8

Post by Bae8 »

Wow! Just did my first run of week One. My bf and his mam or marathon runners so they got me into it. Can't believe at 21 I'm so unfit! Thank god the lovely app lady was so encouraging! Any advice on best clothing? Iv bought some hood asecs stability trainers already. Thanks guys
Bethan
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Drat. Had hoped to do Week 1 Run 3 today. But ran out of time! At work from 0630 till 2000. Home for quick bite and now back at work from 2100 to 0100 :( Hope to be able to do tomorrow morning
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Did it! :). W1R3 done. Flew by. Gorgeous morning after heavy rains last night. One day of rest then on to week 2 and 1.5 minute runs. Legs feel good. Had a bit of an achey forefoot after W1R2 but didn't feel a thing on the run today. What are others favourite music to listen to? Mike
AliM

Post by AliM »

Congratulations on completing week 1. I have just downloaded Examples new track. I take the view that if it all gets too much and I start seeing flashing lights I can pretend I'm in a rave!!! Just did week 6 run 3 and although it wasn't easy it was possible. The ap is great. Keep posting and good luck!!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Week 2. Run 1. Planning on an early morning run tomorrow morning with a new route. Fingers crossed. Mike