Just Started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Re: Just Started

Post by KeepTrying »

Hi SheCutsHair. Nearly finished week4? Great! Week 5 is where it gets fun. I was worried at the ramp up - but it all went well. Just remember not to run too fast when you go from 5m to 8m then to your 20m run. Looking forward to my w8r1 later today. :-)
Last edited by KeepTrying on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Just had the most awesome run. Was supposed to be w8r1 (28 mins). But I couldn't resist the urge to keep going and complete a wonky circle. Had Claire from GetRunning giving me encouragement right up till the end of cool down. But also had RunKeeper giving me feedback every 3 mins. Odd at 15 mins in as the two coaches started talking on top of each other! Ran for 6.5km in 35 mins in the end. Legs telling me I've worked hard. Think I'll have a nice cold beer tonight. Therapeutic reasons! ;) I suppose that as I've jumped ahead I should be posting on the Graduation Party rather than this forum ...
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Wow. Only 4 more runs left. How quickly the time has passed. Legs felt heavy today. But got through the 28mins of running. Covered 5.4km in that 28 mins. So I guess the app has done what it set out to!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Good grief! What has happened. I can't believe I've just set my alarm to go of at 5-40 am tomorrow. Can't see how else I'll realistically fit in w8r3 without such an early start. Good grief! Lol. A bit anxious about the running-before-daylight thing. Gulp
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

OK - so it never happened. The 5-45am arising for my w8r3. Went to bed too late after working till 11pm - then was hit by a rotten night of insomnia - heard the clock bonging all night till 4-30am! So when the 5-45 alarm went I sort of hit snooze. Several times! ;)
But I still have managed to do the run. this evening. 90 mins after dinner. In the dark (that was a first!). Wheee - I seemed to fly along. So goodbye week 8 and soon on my final week with GetRunning. Mixed feelings. Happy to have progressed. But will be sad to say farewell to the app which has been such a godsend.
SheCutsHair

Post by SheCutsHair »

Awesome Mike! Can't wait to be where you are. You were right about week5 lol. I ended up doing run1 twice. About to head out for w5r2. Looks like I'm going to have to sneak in over at the graduation forum to keep up with you lol. :lol:
"Running...It takes all I've got, but gives back more"

"It's 5 am. Do you know where your running shoes are?"
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Hi SheCutsHair. Well done for your w5r1 and w5r2. Don't worry about w5r3. I know I was anxious about the prospect of a 20mins-without-a-break run in w5r3. Just keep your pace a bit slower than you might have for your 2 x 8min runs. And remind yourself that you have already almost run 20mins (16mins is almost 20!) the only difference is that this time you don't have a little gap in the middle! Even if you slow right down - keep going. Enjoy the scenery. Enjoy how far you have already come! Let us know how it went! :) Mike
SheCutsHair

Post by SheCutsHair »

W5 R2 went great! I didn't want to stop at the end. Actually really looking forward to my 20 minute run on Thursday! :D
"Running...It takes all I've got, but gives back more"

"It's 5 am. Do you know where your running shoes are?"
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

That;s the idea. :D You'll fly through it!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

SheCutsHair wrote:W5 R2 went great! I didn't want to stop at the end. Actually really looking forward to my 20 minute run on Thursday! :D
So? How did the 20min of w5r3 go?