Just Started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Re: Just Started

Post by KeepTrying »

Yup. Still around. :D Seems like you are hooked! I'm tending to do 40-45 min runs these days -around 8.5km. Mostly have to run in the dark in the evening. Quite enjoy that. And bought some really BRIGHT! high viz gear the other day. So bright my eyes hurt when I look at it - but hopefully will mean I won't get squashed when running in the dark! Longest run yet was 12.5km in 72mins. Ran non-stop. What a feat, thanks to this app. Plan on a half marathon next June. Gulp! Glad u r doing so well SCH. Keep the posts coming.
Catherine_M

Post by Catherine_M »

Wow 72 min run ..... You are my inspiration!!!

Catherine x
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Hey - if I can do it - anyone can! :-)... Couldn't run to save my life just 3 months ago.
SheCutsHair

Post by SheCutsHair »

KeepTrying wrote:Yup. Still around. :D Seems like you are hooked! I'm tending to do 40-45 min runs these days -around 8.5km. Mostly have to run in the dark in the evening. Quite enjoy that. And bought some really BRIGHT! high viz gear the other day. So bright my eyes hurt when I look at it - but hopefully will mean I won't get squashed when running in the dark! Longest run yet was 12.5km in 72mins. Ran non-stop. What a feat, thanks to this app. Plan on a half marathon next June. Gulp! Glad u r doing so well SCH. Keep the posts coming.

Wow Mike! 72 mins! And yes, I am definitely hooked. 2 runs left for me in the program after today. Having to really keep myself in check so I don't overdo it. It's like all I want to do anymore is run lol. :lol: :lol:
"Running...It takes all I've got, but gives back more"

"It's 5 am. Do you know where your running shoes are?"
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

SheCutsHair wrote:It's like all I want to do anymore is run lol. :lol: :lol:
I know the feeling. 8-) Just a shame work/real life intrudes! And winter's coming :(
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Finally had a chance to read through your blogette . It's really nice to see your postings on the Starting forum even though you're running far beyond the 30 minute run. You're definitely an inspiration to me.

My pace is a whole lot slower than yours - 2.5k in 25 min. I'll be doing w7r3 tomorrow. I'm simply hoping to get through week 9 outside. Here in Minnesota, the snow can start pretty much any time now-and we get a lot of snow!

My best - Shari
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

YikesMn wrote:Finally had a chance to read through your blogette . It's really nice to see your postings on the Starting forum even though you're running far beyond the 30 minute run. You're definitely an inspiration to me.
My pace is a whole lot slower than yours - 2.5k in 25 min. I'll be doing w7r3 tomorrow. I'm simply hoping to get through week 9 outside. Here in Minnesota, the snow can start pretty much any time now-and we get a lot of snow!
My best - Shari
Thanks Shari. I never intended to ramble on as much when I placed my first post back in July 2011. But I have been so blown away with this app - and what it has done fo rme - and for so many others out there - that I have kept posting. Sorry for the self indulgence - and I am glad if it offers others some support in their journeys too. Three months ago I was welded to the couch - scared off at the idea of 'exercise'. But now I am lovnig running. Did a 75min non-stop run today - 14km. Wow!

Good luck with running in the snow. Let us know how you cope with that!
Mike
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

What next? I'm loving running and loving this forum and the virtual running folks I've met here. It's great so share enthusiasm and see the progress being made. Have tried a different runners forum - but don't get the positive vibes I get here. Have been reading some stuff on http://www.coolrunning.com and decided to work towards 10k now. Though I have already run more than 10k a few times, I've done it under my own direction. One of the fab things about this GetRunning app is that Coach Claire - though virtual - was a fantastic resource. So I am persuaded that it is a good idea to do a schedule the was the experts suggest. So the next month is a consolidation time - five runs per week - 4m/3m/4m/3m/4m/4m (6.5km and 4.8km respectively for metric persons). Time to get my muscles, ligaments, heart, lungs and head used to this new activity as part of life. Then it gets fiddly with things called fartlek (makes me chuckle just to say it!), track (scary!) and hills (we ain't got many of those in this corner of 'artfordshire). Dunno. Maybe I'll forgo the complex schedule and just keep running. But it's fun to explore a hitherto hidden pat of life! LOL
Mike
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Had to have a few days off without running due to very busy schedule. Nothing from last Thursday to tonight (Tuesday). Realised I was feeling cranky and missing my runs! Wow. And only 4 months ago I would not have understood anyone saying that! LOL. Since finishing the programme I have continued to run every 2 or 3 days so this 5 day gap is the longest I have gone without a run for 4 months! Gulp! Probably not a bad thing as achieved my own PB* for 5k tonight - did a 6.64km run in 31'16" running (ie 5k in 21'53"). I kinda can't believe it myself! Mike

*Till I got into this I thought PB was short for Polar Bear. Personal Best! Doh!