HEEELLLOOOOO!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Sally

HEEELLLOOOOO!

Post by Sally »

Hi All,

I thought it was finally time to write a post on the forum as I've been hiding a bit! My name is Sally and I am currently on Week 2 Run 2! I'm absolutely loving it - so much so I want to go out running more than 3 times a week! Does anybody else do this?

I have always wanted to be able to run and I saw the write up for this app and thought it looked good and I am now so glad I downloaded it! Out of curiosity is anybody using this app to lose weight? If so how you doing? I was hoping to drop a few lbs!

Thanks for all the inspiration on the board! I do love to read other people's posts for motivation!

Sally
AliM

Re: HEEELLLOOOOO!

Post by AliM »

Hi Sally. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm justback from week 6 run 1 and it was pretty good. I confess that I have sometimes run more than 3 times and also on consecutive days . I did this after a 3 week break for avirus to get back in the groove . Otherwise I have followed the programme , mainly cos previous running upset my knee , but this measured approach hasn't.
The rest days do allow your body to recover, I know so many people who carry injuries from running. I say listen to your body. The odd increased burst is prob fine but I personally wouldn't do more every week. Happy running.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Hi Sally,

Well done. I need and want to lose weight. I have lost some but i haven't taken my diet completely seriously yet. I have cut out sugar apart from fruit sugar. My legs are really toning up and my trousers are loose....but i really have to sort out a proper diet now. Still loving the running though, i have completed the program now so keep the faith... and i really wanted to do more but i don't think my muscles would have liked it. i still only go out every other day, and actually i know that my muscles are happier if i have a longer rest every now and again.....but i now get the urge to run even when i am just walking the dogs! :) Keep us up to date how you are getting on :)
Sally

Post by Sally »

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies! I felt a bit guilty this week because I went on Saturday and Sunday and haven't been on my third run this week yet - so tonight is the night! It's been a pretty hectic week because I've had job interviews and (naughtily) went to the beer festival in London. So I think the major thing for me is routine! I need to stick to the dates that the app gives me, but as long as I make it out tonight I think I can salvage this week!

I told my mum to harrass me whenever I don't go out for a run and boy does she do that!Well I'm just reading through the board to get myself motivated for tonight so wish me luck!

Dawn - how are you running now you have finished the app? Do you stick to the 30 mins or are you trying to improve on the time or pace? - Just curious!

Thanks all again,
Sally
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Hi Sally. Hope you managed to get out tonight! You are about a week ahead of me. Let me know how it is going.
Sally

Post by Sally »

Hi Mike,

I have just got in from my run! If I'm honest it was the hardest run I have done as of yet but I suspect it was because I was silly and had nothing to eat for lunch so muscles were knackered. Also, I think it's time to purchase some proper running trainers because my ankle is so sore - slowly getting better though :-(

How are you doing so far? You have just started week 2 right?

Enjoy!
Sally
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Yep. Just stated week 2. Really pleased so far. My mistake in bygone times has been to run too much. From nothing. And then my body hated it! I keep forgetting that my 18 year old mind is trapped in a 46 y old body! Off to Germany on Hols tomorrow. Hope can keep the progress up. Cheers. Mike
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Hi Sally,

Sorry - didn't see your reply :)

I don't always get out - i have had a bad week this week with work commitments, so recently i have done a couple of 1k and 2k short runs. Today I went out while it was raining (because i love it) I took the dogs with me and it got too hot for them so I stopped and will either go out tomorrow to later tonight. If i am honest - I am not worried about pace. I can't see myself racing - i just don't think i need to so I run when i can and if i have time i will try for the hour each time. I have the Bridge to 10K app (I don't like it much ) so i might try that. I think i am going to concentrate on distance for the time being and see how i get on.

How are you doing now?

Dawn