Week 2 done & still alive

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Pushingit

Week 2 done & still alive

Post by Pushingit »

Very proud of myself for completing week 2 - think I'm beginning to get into a rhythm - Zola budd needn't worry just yet though - bit scared of doing wk 3 - seems a big jump from 1 1/2 mins to 3 but I wont know until I try - wish me luck
Katina

Re: Week 2 done & still alive

Post by Katina »

Good luck! Just take it steady.
Tina
Petra

Post by Petra »

I also thought that going from 1,5 minutes to 3 minutes was quite a big step, but somehow I made it. I even managed to get some kind of a 'rythm' (if that's the right word) when doing the 3 minute run. However, this evening I'm going to start with week 4, and I'm a bit anxious about running 5 minutes.

Petra.
Pushingit

Post by Pushingit »

Thanks folks - best of luck Petra - I bet you'll be grand
Petra

Post by Petra »

And I did my first 5 minute run! It wasn't even that difficult, I felt that I had some breath left when Clare told me it was time to walk again. Also my legs felt less tired afterwards.
Every time when I have to start with a new week, I think that the new schedule is impossible, but every time I manage it. I amaze myself :-).

Petra.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Well done! Nice one
Pushingit

Post by Pushingit »

Told you you'd be fine - well done - it's great to hear how people a few steps ahead are getting on and that they're feeling the same progression anxiety
fionashivers

Post by fionashivers »

So good to read your comments. I'm about to start week 3 on Monday and it's good to hear that other people thought that the jump up to 3 minutes was a bit scary! Keep wondering if I'm going to get to a point when I hit a wall of can't go any further and will have to 'resit' a week!

Anybody had that experience?

F
x
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

The wonderful thing about GetRunning and the C25K programme is that it takes you through achievable steps. Keep it slow in the 3 min runs. Know that so many others have done it. Enjoy the progress you have already made. You'll hopefully find it far less stressful than moving house! Keep posting here. Share how it's going.