Helpful link - How to lace running shoes

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Queeny

Helpful link - How to lace running shoes

Post by Queeny »

Hi,

If anyone (like me) are suffering with painful feet, heres a good link:

"Wide foot, narrow foot, high instep...? Here's a lacing solution for your problem"

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/shoes/how ... e/482.html

I hope it helps x
KeepTrying

Re: Helpful link - How to lace running shoes

Post by KeepTrying »

Wow! never knew lacing could be so technical! Thanks....
Born to Plod

Post by Born to Plod »

Typical- the week I get some lock laces, and I see this link telling me where I've been going wrong all these months :D

Really useful though - thanks for sharing the link

J
Been running for nearly a year but still feel like a complete beginner. Which is good, because I run like one too. Anyway, I like to blog about my escapades. Feel free to point your interweb at www.borntoplod.wordpress.com
Latestarter

Post by Latestarter »

Reading some of these posts I realise how lucky I was in my first visit to a proper running shop. Despite me falling off the treadmill, to the mortification of accompanying daughter, the young lad helped me use said treadmill for the first time, analysed my gait, brought several suitable pairs of trainers to try and once I had chosen he laced them to suit my feet. When I said I felt my ankles felt a bit wobbly he did the lock laces at the top and the shoes felt perfect. He threw in a pair of groundhog running socks for free and I paid £80 for the trainers. I hadn't wanted to go to a running shop as I thought they would laugh me out of the shop but they were great.