Week 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Carlos_wsop

Week 3

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Just completed run 1 week 3 , glad to say all went well apart from slight pain in right knee even before the run , I even warmed up an extra few mins , it was more annoying than painful but as last Weds the pain wore off as the runs progressed , hopefully Monday will be alot better , completed the days workout though quite easily which was very pleasing , will report back after Mondays 2nd run .
Maddy

Re: Week 3

Post by Maddy »

Hi :D read your post. I am also on week 3 and just done run 1.
I ran at first on trainers and the pain in my knee was awful to the point the gym put me on rest for 2 weeks.
On advice from the gym I went to a proper running shop who sorted me out with the correct running shoes. Since then I've not had one bit of pain in my knee joints at all.
They are a bit expensive but it's been a worthwhile investment.
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Thanx for the advice Maddy I was thinking going to a proper running shop myself as next stop , but as the pain isn't to bad just an annoying niggle I'm gonna keep going for a bit longer and see if it get better if not I will be going to a proper shop , hope your run went well and good luck during this 3rd week .
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Run 2 now completed , was really windy today every street I went down seemed like I was heading into it , 3 min runs seemed like twice that but it could be could preparation for next weeks 5min runs . Knee held out ok still a bit sore though , but all in all really pleased with today considering the weather 1 more run this week then onto week 4 .
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Week 3 completed but was in absolute agony today runs themselves were no problem but my knees weren't recovered enough for today but I wanted to get week 3 out the way . Sitting here now with ice packs on both knees and unless there is significant improvement during my 2 days off I may have to delay starting week 4 . Am absolutely gutted right now I've done everything by the book warm ups and downs with plenty of stretching , decent trainers etc not run to fast I'm not overweight either so will have to put this down to age (48) and not running for such a long time , will reassess right up to Sat morn before I decide on week 4 , if not I'll keep things turning over on the exercise bike until I'm fully fit and re-do week 3 if I have to , I know these things happen but when your enjoying it so much it makes it doubly disappointing , will post as to wether week 4 is a goer or not :cry:
Catherine_M

Post by Catherine_M »

Keeping fingers and toes crossed u feel better soon. Try not to be too dissapointed, the important thing is you get better, try not to be tempted to go for a run until you are 100% again, you have done so well up to now it would be awful to get an injury that stops you running for good.

Catherine x
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Injury update , the injury to both knees is a grade 1 medial ligament injury apparently 1 to 2 weeks recovery although my knees seem to be getting better by the day , so with that I'm delaying start of week 4 until a week tomorrow (sat) but I'm hoping to be fit by next weds where I will test my injury out by redoing week 3 run 3 again where I'll know where my recovery stands but as I'm improving by the day so I can't see why a run out next weds Isn't possible so until then it's exercise bike to keep the fitness levels up , hopefully will have better news to report next weds .
Catherine_M

Post by Catherine_M »

Hi,

Its good to hear your getting batter by the day, you'll be up and running again in no time at all!!

Catherine x
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Hi Catherine ,

Thanks for your support and kind words , hopefully I'll be ready to run on Weds but I'm not banking on it unless I feel 100% as u said if I run before I'm ready I could do more damage and be out longer , hope tour running is coming along well just keep it going we will get there in the end I'm sure
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Sometimes an injury like this just happens because our body tells us to hold back a bit. Enjoy the rest. But keep walking a bit. Maybe now is the time to invest in those running shoes if you haven't already done so? Good luck - keep us posted