Anyone else just starting out?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Malteser

Anyone else just starting out?

Post by Malteser »

Hi. I just started week 1 this week and enjoying it so far. Is anyone else just starting out? Would be good to have some company! I'm an unfit 43 year old, I used to run 5years ago but then lost my motivation. Am determined to get back into it. I do my running early in the morning to get it done and dusted!!
Catherine_M

Re: Anyone else just starting out?

Post by Catherine_M »

Hi Malteser,

I'm Catherine, I'm not right at the beginnig but not far into it, I've just done Week 3, Run 1, Just wanted to say Hi :D

Catherine x
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Malteser wrote:Hi. I just started week 1 this week and enjoying it so far. Is anyone else just starting out? Would be good to have some company! I'm an unfit 43 year old, I used to run 5years ago but then lost my motivation. Am determined to get back into it. I do my running early in the morning to get it done and dusted!!
Hi Malteser. Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web! Well done for starting the C25K programme. Hope you enjoy the progress you're bound to make. Keep posting! Mike
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Welcome! You're in good company. I'm an unfit 48 yr old who had not been a runner in the past - this afternoon I'll be doing my third 25 min run.

This forum is a great place to get information, inspiration, and support.

Best of luck - Shari
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

Welcome. You have made a brilliant move by posting on here. I don't usually go in for forums and online chat stuff but I can tell you honestly that this forum is brilliant - everyone is really supportive and it is s really friendly place to be!! I have just finished week three so like Catherine I'm just a few runs ahead of you. Keep posting and you'll get all the motivation and support you need.
Best of luck
Ailbhe.
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

Oh and Shari - you are not unfit!! 25 min runs!!! Struggling with three minutes at the moment!!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Dunna wrote:Welcome. You have made a brilliant move by posting on here. I don't usually go in for forums and online chat stuff but I can tell you honestly that this forum is brilliant - everyone is really supportive and it is s really friendly place to be!! I have just finished week three so like Catherine I'm just a few runs ahead of you. Keep posting and you'll get all the motivation and support you need.
Best of luck
Ailbhe.
Yup. It's true! Stick around. Catch the bug.
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

I can't wait to hear how all three of you are doing in a few weeks.

Dunna, I laughed out loud when I read your reply. I'm so used to thinking of myself as out of shape, that it hadn't really sunk in that I can run for 25 minutes. This program is amazing.