week 5 run 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Melo36

week 5 run 2

Post by Melo36 »

ohhh never thought i would get here .,:-)) am gonna run now soon hope i cane keep going the extra few mins .,:-)) but am really looken foward to it :-))
KeepTrying

Re: week 5 run 2

Post by KeepTrying »

Great! Let us all know how you get on. And enjoy the excitement of that w5r3 just around the corner :-)
Melo36

Post by Melo36 »

well i did the run today but struggled a bit ..:-( for starters got soaked in the rain on the way to the gym then for got my phone lol so was a bit out of sorts so i am gonna run it again tommrow just for my own peace of mind :-)))
Catherine_M

Post by Catherine_M »

Ah not such a great start for you .... nevermid theres always another day, let us know how you get on :D

Catherine x
Melo36

Post by Melo36 »

thanks xx....so i re did week 5 run 2 i did finish it but felt i struggled a bit.... do i re do it again or do i keep going am not sure what to do i just dident feel i did as good in all the other runs i did :-(
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

We all have bad runs/days. Sometimes it is like this before we get better. There's no harm in re-doing W5R2 again if you want to. The GetRunning app allows you to re-do runs. Keep your pace slow - the biggest mistake - as the runs get longer - is to try running a bit faster than the body wants. Good luck - and let us know how you get on. Mike
Melo36

Post by Melo36 »

hi mike well ye hit the nail on the head after reading your post i went to redo run but changed my mind and went ahead with the next run but slowed my pace and did it no :D bother the full twenty mins thx for the advice it was a great help :D :D
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Melo36 wrote:hi mike well ye hit the nail on the head after reading your post i went to redo run but changed my mind and went ahead with the next run but slowed my pace and did it no :D bother the full twenty mins thx for the advice it was a great help :D :D
Cool! Well done. :-)