Week one run one

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
salty

Week one run one

Post by salty »

Hi all, been looking for this sort of app for a while... Perfect love the way your music shuts off when she speaks to you, 1st run in the rain really enjoyed it. I made sure I did the stretching before and after. Had problems in the past with my shins!! Running too fast and for to long but hopefully with this app I will do better :))
caffrin

Re: Week one run one

Post by caffrin »

Hi Salty, well done on your first run. You may already know this but shin problems are often to do with your trainers so make sure you get the right pair for your running style. I had really painful shins on my first run so got new trainers with the advice of the guy in the sports shop and haven't had a problem since :)
Drbexl

Post by Drbexl »

Also just done my first run with the app - pretty happy with it: http://drbexl.co.uk/2011/10/31/getbexrunning-1/
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

salty wrote:Hi all, been looking for this sort of app for a while... Perfect love the way your music shuts off when she speaks to you, 1st run in the rain really enjoyed it. I made sure I did the stretching before and after. Had problems in the past with my shins!! Running too fast and for to long but hopefully with this app I will do better :))
Hi Salty. Welcome. You've started the hardest bit - getting going! Welcome to the programme and to this forum. Hope your shins are OK. I echo caffrin's comments about shins and running shoes. But I also think it is really important to make sure you do th e5 mins brisk warm-up walk. This is the bit that gets the blood flowing through your muscles. And don't do the runs to fast. Good luck - and keep posting!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Drbexl wrote:Also just done my first run with the app - pretty happy with it: http://drbexl.co.uk/2011/10/31/getbexrunning-1/
Hi Drbexl. Welcome. Nice blog! FYI the lovely lady is Coach Clare. Check out
viewtopic.php?p=1619#p1619
and you will see more info. I also though she has an Aussie twang - but 'tis not the case! BW Mike