Rusbish Run Today ;(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Dawn

Rusbish Run Today ;(

Post by Dawn »

Well - I had the worst run ever today :cry: I actually had to just give up ...well actually I probably didn't HAVE to give up but I did!!

I went out too late - it was already too warm by 10am today (for me and the dogs!) I love the warm weather, but I really love running in the rain and mud!! ...and the poor dogs are just too fluffy for running in the heat bless them...lol So that was the first issue....then I have the wrong ear - phones! Mine are the big ones and I have to wear a hat to keep them in place....which again made me too hot!....I think I ate too near to going out so felt a bit of a stitch coming on...and I am still getting used to my new shoes ...they fit fine, but did slip a little last time - leaving me with a blister! ......anyway - enough of the whining.....sorry! lol Rubbish rubbish day! first one though.....so I guess that's ok....

Right....i need to re-thing my running wardrobe!! lol

There's always tomorrow :)

Dawn
niddynoddy

Re: Rusbish Run Today ;(

Post by niddynoddy »

Hi Dawn,

Dont worry about it! You went out which is great, so what if you stopped, at least you did not stop at the couch!

Also, you listed some really positive things that you have learnt from today. Your next run will be much better. I had a rubbish run last weekend when I took my daughter with me on her bike. BIG MISTAKE!!! Will not be doing that again. Sound fine but getting up both across roads, removing trousers from bike chains, brake problems and 'I'm tired' all resulted in me being in a bad mood.

I too am not a slim line gazelle, more like a galumping elephant.

Zoe
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thanks Zoe!

Tried again yesterday - terrible!!! lol I got into a big "fight" (row) with the travellers who were having a bit of an all night Rave...one of the blokes went to kick my dog! I saw red!!! After that what with the ferrets and chickens luring the dogs away all the time and the heat again...we just couldn't get into it!

Having today off and going to start again tomorrow = might do a week 6 to get going again! lol ....will I ever get to the end hahaha

Have good days everyone!

Dawn
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) You'll do it Dawn!
niddynoddy

Post by niddynoddy »

Hi Dawn,

Its so easy to see the positive things in other people but really hard to see them in ourselves.

1) You were not put off by your first terrible run
2) You went back out again
3) You're already thinking about your next run!

All really positive.

Can I suggest you find an alternative route. A stress free alternative route. I know how stressed I was when my daughter came with me on her bike and I had a terrible run.

You will do this. There are no medals for finishing it first and without problems. Every terrible run tells us something. As long as we are getting back out there we are doing just fine.

Keep us posted on your next run.

Zoe
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thanks all....

I know - and I am not put off you are quite right..... and I have (against all odd) been very good at not setting goals for myself other than to enjoy it...because I know that is how I will defeat myself mentally.

I am loathed to find somewhere else, but i think after Sunday morning I have to until the Travellers have moved on. I actually am not one of those people who just wants travellers to be kicked off land every time they stop....but I was SO angry at them on Sundaywith the Carson incident, I think it would be safer for me to go elsewhere!!! ;)

Anyway - thanks again for the support.

Dawn