Wondering when the good days start to outnumber the bad ones

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
YikesMn

Re: Wondering when the good days start to outnumber the bad

Post by YikesMn »

Geez Mike, don't curse us yet. They got over a foot of snow on the east coast last week. I'm in the coldest part of the country (it was below 0c this morning) but we have dodged the snow so far. Once it starts though, it'll be April before it's gone.

I'll be looking for winter running wear soon. Any suggestions?
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

Hi everyone.
Run 1 week six went really well this am. Got to the park before work. Sun shining. Got to thinking about last Monday run 1 week 5 and the difference really surprised me. I was so much more able today. Delighted.
Lungs are getting better. Legs are never sore after but I do feel them tiring whilst I'm running. I also think my posture is improving. Despite having a head cold and trying to get my thyroid balanced I am really enjoying this programme. I expect to feel even better when my health starts to improve and I feel less tired.
So glad I got started. Amazing that I look forward to getting out there.
So keep on Keeping the faith fellow running buddies!!
Ailbhe
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Ailbhe - I'm wondering if the good days have caught up with the bad now that you've hit week 7?
-Shari
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

Shari - loving it!! Every day recently has been great. Didn't really enjoy last two runs as they were on a treadmill but I knew that was the reason. I think I was bored!! I was surprised as I always thought running was easier on a treadmill.
My calf muscles are aching a little tonight and last night - that may be down to spending yesterday standing around in heels! I am finding that my lungs are holding out better than my legs and I think I need to stretch a little better and rest more - haven't been taking all my rest days.
But yeah. Good days are for sure stacking up!!
Finished the programme in two weeks. Don't think I'll be doing 5 k St that stage but that doesn't bother me at all. Going to Australia for Christmas and I hope to continue there. But just in case I get lazy I'm going to start looking for 5k fun runs in January/ february.