I can call myself a runner - claire says so !!!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Carlos_wsop

I can call myself a runner - claire says so !!!!!

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Done it , week 5 run 3 , ran for 20 mins and must say I can't believe how quick it went , I was really in the zone today , controlling my pace and breathing and before I knew it 20 mins was up Awesome feeling especially as I felt I could have gone quite a bit quicker and I did the run straight after doing a nightshift but finishing was my main aim today , speed and distance am sure will come in later runs , really hope Maddy and Birgit enjoy their runs like I did as us 3 seem to be at the same stage , Amazing how far u can come on in 5 weeks , think I'll deserve a beer later now off for a shower and bed
KeepTrying

Re: I can call myself a runner - claire says so !!!!!

Post by KeepTrying »

Nice one! Enjoy the well-earned beer. Excellent for muscle recovery! ;)
Birgit

Post by Birgit »

Yup - it was a genuinely nice feeling when Claire said the magic words :D (and I repeat them to anyone who wants to listen to me :D :D )

The pace was slow, but having 'listened' to all the runners in here, it seemed a good idea and it was. I fear nothing now - but look forward to increasing my speed over the next 4 weeks. But for now: I am very pleased with myself 8-)
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Bravo runners!
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

Congrats carlos! I'm just a run behind you and I'm really nervous about Friday!! Found the second run tough going this afternoon! It must have been an amazing feeling when you got to the end today!
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

And congrats Birgit too!! thanks for your support to me! I'm nervous but a little excited too for my 20 min run on Friday!!
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Thanks Dunna , it was a great feeling yes but like I said the run for me went really quickly I just concentrated on finishing the run am sure you will do it , in my run I broke it into 4 stages I did stage one over 2 mins this was at the slowest pace I could do without walking then I went onto doing 4 mins at a gentle pace then 10 mins at my normal running pace and the last 4 mins I felt quite strong so I pushed it a bit harder especially the last minute , this approach worked for me and seemed to make the time go quicker , good luck for Friday just pace your run you'll be surprised how easy it can be done .