I have no idea if I can do this!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
fivereaders

Re: I have no idea if I can do this!!!

Post by fivereaders »

Just ran across your post, Polly. I was right in the same spot 7 weeks ago. Yes, tomorrow is the final run of week 7 and I can't believe it. Although I've been a walker for years and years I just never could run. But, I can now! And I'm --- 57 years old! I'm so proud of myself. ~ Peace, Colleen
slevrets

Post by slevrets »

Thank you all for this thread! I will be starting my first run in about 2-3 hours and I have to say, this thread has been a GREAT encouragement!
shytalkz

Post by shytalkz »

Excellent! Go for it - and welcome to the club! :D

Let us know how you get on with the run.
richenda

Post by richenda »

Hi all -- I'm about to walk on over to the gym, claim a treadmill and start my first run. This thread was just the encouragement I needed. I was pretty close to just packing up and heading home. But I really want to be on this forum in 7 weeks telling other people that they can do it, too!
Skulie1

Post by Skulie1 »

My goodness this sounds like me 4 weeks ago... however I am just about to start week 4! and yes although 5 mins sounds daunting I thought a min and a half was two weeks ago. Well done everyone, this is a fantastic app and I am at last beginning to love running which is something i never thought I would. :P