First run

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Wardy11

First run

Post by Wardy11 »

Hi all,

Just downloaded the app and am off for my first run at 7pm tonight! Am a little nervous as I am rather overweight and worry about people laughing at me plodding along!!!
Will let you know how it goes
Carlos_wsop

Re: First run

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Welcome Wardy to the world of get running , firstly when you do go for your 1 st run just take your time and enjoy the run , you'll feel great at the end of it , also remember your doing this for you so don't worry what anybody else thinks , we've all probably had the same thoughts as your having now but you will overcome this as we all have , keep us posted on your progress you won't be short of encouragement here , good luck for tonight

Carl x
Wardy11

Post by Wardy11 »

Hi Carl and all you runners out there!

So I did it first run in over 2 years due to injury and I loved it! It was so hard but felt really good! The outside of my ankles were very sore by the end any ideas how to stop this/what it is????

Wardy x
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

No idea about the ankles. Just wanted to say hi and welcome. Don't worry about other people - you get over it really quickly. Enjoy the app!
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Well done Wardy on run 1 , as for your ankles this could be just down to not running in a long time and will get better as you get used to running again but I would guess you prob need to invest in some decent trainers and good cushioned running socks you'll be amazed at the difference they make ,

Carl x
starknut

Post by starknut »

Way to go, Wardy! It's so easy to feel self-conscious while you're out there: my husband made a remark one time about a woman out running, smaller than me, something about her rear end jiggling, and since then, I have been super aware of my own... erm... jiggliness, for lack of a better term. :lol: I just remind myself that at least I'm out making an effort!
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Well done on your first run! As far as being self consious about running, I decided just to be happy if no walkers passed me whe I started out :)
Melo36

Post by Melo36 »

congrats wardy and well done... dont mind any one else just think about how great ye are for finishing your first run good luck with the next one :-)