Plonker!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
caffrin

Plonker!

Post by caffrin »

Just done week 4 run 1 which was a bit tough! For those of you who are yet to do it on the last 5 minute run when she says "fantastic!' don't stop yet coz you still have 30 seconds to go!! I looked a right plonker stopping then saying oh sh** and running again for a few more steps :oops:
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
starknut

Re: Plonker!

Post by starknut »

But you finished! Congratulations!

I'm starting week 4 on Monday, so I appreciate the warning.
J.a.green

Post by J.a.green »

That's so funny you said that. I did w4r2 today and stopped at 'fantastic' and then realised I had another 30s to go! I think I said out loud 'ffs' or something rude to those lines! It didn't catch me out on 1st run though!
How did you find it? I found my legs got achey at the end, maybe jumping from 9 mins of running to 16 mins was a bit much for my weak little legs! Roll on w4r3 when hopefully my legs are used to it!?
By the way I did my stop /swear/30s run in front of a college emptying full of kids ;-)
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Hi I'm glad I'm not alone! I did wk4 run 2 yesterday (sunday) and it was better than the 1st run - as they always are. I run slowly so my legs are never too much of an issue. My lungs are the problem, although they worked better this time. Run 3 is tomorrow and then there is the often dreaded week 5! As this is my second time around on the programme I know what to expect so I am going to try and finish them all by Sunday!
Catherine
www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com