Something To Share!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jimmy Ash

Something To Share!!

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Guys let me share something with all of you!!

Last year on the 18.10.2010 i made a decision to challenge myself. This challenge was to lose 60lbs in weight and to become more active and healthy. When i jumped on the scales i was horrified to see the digital dial scream 360.2lbs, oh sh--t i thought! This was the incentive i needed and my journey began!
I got myself into a regular routine of going to the gym and by mid May had dropped 40+lbs but this is when things started to go pear shaped. The gym was getting boring and i couldn't be bothered, my weight stabilised and i wasn't seeing any changes in my physique, so i decided to start with the Get Running app. You can still find my first post 'New Starter New Runner' post on the forum. Now after a nasty injury back in July i re-started the app after an 8 week lay off and i'm now due to start week 9 on Saturday but yesterday i actually did my first 5k in under 30 mins, only by 6 secs though :)
This is not the only thing that has made me happy, today the 17.10.2011 was the day my challenge needed to be done by. When i got on the scales i had dropped another 20+lbs losing a total of 61.7lbs over the year and weigh less than 300lbs for the first time in many years, therefore completing my challenge. Not only that, i have decreased my BMI by over 7%, lost 6 inches of both my chest and waist and reduced my visceral fat from 24 to 21. This has been without doubt aided by me taking up walking/jogging/running and by the encouragement i have received from some of you guys along the way, so THANK YOU!!
I have now set myself another 2 challenges/goals and these are to lose another 40lbs to take me over the 100lb barrier but my main aim is to run in the BUPA Manchester 10k in May 2012. I have already registered and got my place so the incentive is there for me to go for!
The main reason for sharing this with you is that if i can do it anyone can do it!!!
expat68

Re: Something To Share!!

Post by expat68 »

That's fantastic! Well done :D
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Hi Jimmy thats very inspiring! Well done to you. You must be well chuffed. I too have lost weight with this app - 2 stone so far with another to go and I also did my back in which laid me out for 3-4months so have started again and just finished week 5 this morning! Its such a great feeling isn't it? Well done and keep it going :D :D :D :D :D
Catherine
Queeny

Post by Queeny »

Hi,

That is such wonderful news, well done you !

I love hearing stories like these, so please share when you complete your 10K race!

:-)