Week 8

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Carlos_wsop

Week 8

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Just completed run 1 and managed to cover the 5k distance in just over 27mins so I'm well happy with that , still around a week and a half to complete the programme so I feel I'm well on the way now , just invested in a proper running watch as well and having given its 1st run out I must say I'm well impressed , just drove the same route I've ran in the car and it's showing exactly the same distance , run 2 on Monday then may revert to the gym for run 3 on Wednesday just to vary it a bit .
Dunna

Re: Week 8

Post by Dunna »

I am so impressed that you are covering 5 k in that time! You are doing so brilliantly. I am at same stage but I'm much slower! I did wonder if I'd let it bother me but to be honest I'm just thrilled to be running for 28 mins!! I covered approximately 3.5 k in the 28 min run and I'm happy with that. I know I'll cover 5 k if I keep going! Going to sign up for a 5k in January or feb - first one I find. Have been looking online.
But anyway - I just wanted to say - wow! Go you!!
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Well done Dunna we are both doing brill as you said just to run for 28mins is tough in itself , I wouldn't worry about the distance your covering your certainly not that far away , I'm also entering a 5k but in December all being well , keep up the good work we've both come along way since week 1 ,

Regards Carl
Carlos_wsop

Post by Carlos_wsop »

Run 2 completed , took it nice and steady today just totally enjoyed the run , only 4 more runs until I've completed the programme , legs felt really strong today so much so I'd begun to wish I'd pushed harder when the 28mins was up and yet I still did just over 3 miles so it's really coming together nicely . No aches or pains either , I'm goin back to the gym for run 3 this weds then it's onto the final week :?