Work Interferring with Get Running

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
MissCassandra

Work Interferring with Get Running

Post by MissCassandra »

I started get running and I was progressing through to week 3 no problems and really enjoying it. I then accepted a full time job for the next two months. Now I can't find the time to jog. There are no daylight hours left for me to jog once I've done everything. I guess I will have to wait until I have finished working and then start all over again unless you have any good ideas. I'm frustrated as I just want to get running. Just whilst writing this I have come up with an idea myself of running at lunch time. I only have half an hour but I might see if I can make it work and eat my lunch at morning tea and afternoon tea.
Dawn

Re: Work Interferring with Get Running

Post by Dawn »

Hello...I hate that happening... do you live far from work? Could you do it on the way or way home? I commute 2 hours each day so it can mean I can't run when I'm suposed to.. But it usually doesn't affect a whole week. Lunch sound like it might work? In winter, I was running in the dark.. But the woods were a bit scary!!! Good luck. I hope you manage to work it out!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Any possibility that you could run in the morning? It sounds crazy :-) I did that last year for a while though…

Could you talk to your manager and ask if you could have 45 or 50 minutes for lunch, and make up the time after work? I've usually found that I'm much more able to work effectively after exercise, so it could easily have a benefit for them too!
MissCassandra

Post by MissCassandra »

Thank you Dawn and Ben

When the rain disappears and the sun comes out again here in Sydney, I am going to try to squeeze in a run in my lunch break. I've only about half an hour and I'm hoping I can complete the run within the short time span. I will recommence from week 2 . I've never timed it so I will be interested to see how long it takes. I run at a medium speed. I'm looking forward to starting again.