What music do you listen to while running?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jakubsnm

What music do you listen to while running?

Post by jakubsnm »

I'm just trying to get some ideas on good music to listen to on my iPod while running long distance.
Petra

Re: What music do you listen to while running?

Post by Petra »

My music collection on my iPhone isn't that big, and not all music is suitable for running, so I'm getting a bit bored by listening to the same tracks again and again. Now I've switched to podcasts. I've subscribed to the podcasts of some interesting radio programs that I never have time listening to. Now I have time, when running.
starknut

Post by starknut »

This sounds so silly, but I use Pandora radio, and I listen to the dubstep station. I don't even particularly LIKE dubstep, but the pounding bass and drums really help me feel like a superhero while I'm running.
niallc74

Post by niallc74 »

The soundtrack from Drive. First four tracks are unbelievable
jackdamery

Post by jackdamery »

Nice niallc74,

I listen to my iPhone on shuffle but it usually ends up on Com Truise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOCFNXHi ... ure=relmfu

or Purity Ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdPml5QhMIA
matt

Post by matt »

starknut wrote:This sounds so silly, but I use Pandora radio, and I listen to the dubstep station. I don't even particularly LIKE dubstep, but the pounding bass and drums really help me feel like a superhero while I'm running.
Odd, isn't it? I listen to all sorts of things when I'm running (Speech Debelle and Lady Gaga spring to mind!) that I wouldn't generally listen to at home. Beats definitely help!

On the longer, ploddier weekend runs I do, I'll often listen to a podcast (normally something geeky, what with me being a developer.) I find it's a good time to listen to the longer podcasts, especially now I work from home so don't have a dull commute to use for that!
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

I LOVE to start every session off with Basement Jaxx - Do Your Thing...it gets me all happy and 'zippy'!

http://ausgirlscouchto5ks.blogspot.com/
expat68

Post by expat68 »

Cheesy dance and pop works for me. David Guetta, that kind of thing. Not the stuff I listen to normally - I prefer indie and am a Radio 6 Music fan - but dance and pop seems to have the right rhythm for me.
Hannahlufc

Post by Hannahlufc »

I've just downloaded ministry of sound xx twenty years and I was amazed at how much quicker the runs went today listening to it so that's now my official running music
OBC1

Post by OBC1 »

I can highly recommend Reverend and the Makers (especially the first album - The State of Things) for running. I'm pretty sure that album makes me move quicker and I plan to use it when I do my 20 min run next week (wk5 r3). Kasabian is good as well (Shoot the runner!)