Happy and Sad!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jimmy Ash

Happy and Sad!

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Well today is the day I've been looking forward too regarding the Get Running app. When I first started back in May and especially after getting an injury that kept me from running for nearly 8 weeks never did I ever think this day would come. I've FINISHED the programme!!! I can run for more than 30 mins without stopping!!
I am so happy, I'm 60lbs lighter, my BMI is down by 7% and I've gained leaner muscle mass. However I have a feeling of sadness that there is nothing more from the makers of the GR app to take me to 10k and beyond. So come on guys please please take us all to the next stage!!!

But most of all THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has helped me turn my life around with the encouragement you have given me. And THANK YOU to Ben and the makers of this site, without you it wouldn't of happened!
Vinsampow

Re: Happy and Sad!

Post by Vinsampow »

congratulations Jimmy Ash on completing the programme and also regaining your fitness! I am on week 4 and hopefully be in the same shoes as you too. Will you becparticipatingvin a charity/fun 5k run? I also would like to see the same app but for 10k too. Thanks for your inspiring post Jimmy Ashbit has given mexa bit more determination to complete the programme too. All the best!
Jimmy Ash

Post by Jimmy Ash »

My plans are to use the run keeper app just to monitor my pace and distance. Hopefully the guys who made this site will do a couch to 10k ap. I have also joined the parkrun website and plan to do some of their 5k runs. However my main focus is to keep my training and running up as I have registered for the BUPA Manchester 10k next May, I've had my place confirmed and I'm so looking forward to being in it.
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Bravo Jimmy Ash! Well done! I finished a few weeks ago myself and am feeling very lonely without coach Claire. I loaded a bridge to 10k app, but it's just not the same. My next step is to see what the runs are for the 10 K, and just rewind Get Running as I go along. It's crazy, and may not work, but I'm going to try it anyway.
seejulesrun

Post by seejulesrun »

Congrats! I'm starting tomorrow, and hoping that I do even half as well as you have. While I shouldn't be thinking that far ahead yet, it would be really cool to have an app that helps with 10K. Maybe eventually? :)