Week 3 easy but week 4 killing me.

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
CorzaEve

Week 3 easy but week 4 killing me.

Post by CorzaEve »

Nearly keeled over on yesterday's run but was barely breaking a sweat, which was amazing. 5 min run and I thought I was going to pass out and had to walk the entire thing. Adjusting my pace to a gentle jog wasn't helping, what might I be doing wrong?
Wateredwin

Re: Week 3 easy but week 4 killing me.

Post by Wateredwin »

Hopefully it will get better - I found sometimes my pace is better than other days - do you think the time of day of your run affected you?
CorzaEve

Post by CorzaEve »

Re-read my first post and it barely made sense, shouldn't post on an iPhone. You might be right, I have mostly run evenings but Monday was a midday run. Will see how tonight goes!
CorzaEve

Post by CorzaEve »

What a difference, this run was hard but I managed the entire run. Wasn't fast but didn't struggle like Monday. I think I must keep my runs to evenings rather than during the day.
Wateredwin

Post by Wateredwin »

Going to start my week 4 today - didnt get home until 2 pm (driving from kent to midlands) this morning , so will go around 5 pm tonight - not looking forward to it as the runs are longer. It's also going to be cold too.
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

I am just a couple of days behind you so I am looking forward to looking at your updates. I just completed week 4 day 1 and I ensured I was going at a moderate, slower jog - just so I made sure I completed the session..I will work on my speed as I get used to the time.

http://ausgirlscouchto5ks.blogspot.com/
Wateredwin

Post by Wateredwin »

Got a rest day today, it will be the last run of week 4 on wednesday and on the weekend week 5 starts. I have reduced my speed too - I have been thinking the same thought of completion rather than speed- it was about 8 pm for my last run - rain wind and cold. I moved the route such that the wind was against me on the return path. The last run was tough and I really needed more walking time. I was so pleased to have completed it. I experimented with running technics which was worth the investment. Surprising I didn't opt to run in the gym, which might have been the warmer option.
GettingUpOfftheCouch

Post by GettingUpOfftheCouch »

I agree. The first day of week 3 was bad for me, but the next 2 days were good. Enjoyable even. But week 4 is kicking me. I'm one of the few people who like running on the treadmill. It's 10:20 pm and I JUST got home and ate. Have an early morning tomorrow, so I will be skipping my run tonight. I must do it tomorrow! If I do it now I'll be up till midnight, yawn.
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

Oh my goodness, I struggled in week 4! It was one of the hardest weeks mentally and physically. I was definitely sucking in the air this week. Day one week 5 = great! What a difference.

How did you go?

http://ausgirlscouchto5ks.blogspot.com/