W4 to W5 & cranking it up a notch!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Re: W4 to W5 & cranking it up a notch!

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

Madline wrote:I've just run w5r1. Like you I struggled with week 4 and was really sure I needed to repeat the week, I had to stop and walk a little on the 5 minute runs on the first day and after that I felt I was going incredibly slowly. This morning though I thought, 'hey I'll give week 5 a try, it's a beautiful sunny morning' and I'm so glad I did. I think it was my best run yet, somehow the 5 minutes were do-able( the weather helped)! I'm looking forward to the next run, but apprehensive about the 20 minutes. I think this programme is amazing the way it works so well. Its always good to know you can repeat a run but also just trying the next one first to see how it goes.
It was exactly the same scenario for me, I struggled in week 4 and thought of repeating, then got up and did Day 1 week 5. today How much easier was it?! Week four must of been made to crank our fitness up a notch.

Ooo 20 minutes for me coming up in a couple of days!

Congratulations expat for completing the 5 minutes!! Wooo hooooo! :D

http://ausgirlscouchto5ks.blogspot.com/
expat68

Post by expat68 »

Well today's the day...I've put it off for a week but I'm doing W5R3 this morning. I'm trying to think of a route that doesn't have 2 hills on it like the one I normally do! :shock:
expat68

Post by expat68 »

I'VE DONE IT! I honestly didn't think I'd make it without slowing to a walk at least once, but I did it! I found a flatter route and Brian the Snail could have outpaced me, but I didn't stop jogging for 20 minutes. :D
Jysmystry

Post by Jysmystry »

That's amazing news!! Congratulations, you can now call yourself a runner :)

Me yesterday, you today so I think that means its aussiegirl tomorrow :)
You can run but you'll just die tired
Madline

Post by Madline »

Fantastic! You did it, well done!