Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Todd H

Re: Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Post by Todd H »

Word of advice...never run the day after getting accelerated allergy shots. Struggled breathing the whole run. I did finish but I was barely standing at the end and gasping for breath. Probably should have taken my epi pen with me. Still, one run to go and I'm done.
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Done! Thanks to the creators of this app for rekindling my love of running. Hopefully my thread has inspired a few people to keep at it even when things weren't going well. And don't let that first 20 minute run scare you. You can do it!
matt

Post by matt »

It's been great following your roller coaster ride, Todd :D
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Truebrit

Post by Truebrit »

Yay!! Congrats, Todd H!!
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

Woo-hoo!!! Way to go, Todd! I knew you'd persevere! What are your post C25k plans?
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

tracylacey73 wrote:Woo-hoo!!! Way to go, Todd! I knew you'd persevere! What are your post C25k plans?
Working on 5 miles right now. Got a few 5Ks in my area the next few months I want to try.