Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Todd H

Re: Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Post by Todd H »

Thanks. If I can do it anybody can. :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

I actually ran a little longer than the recommended 28 minutes this morning. Just had the urge to keep running. :)
Truebrit

Post by Truebrit »

You don't care what you do! lol

Well done! :D
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Truebrit wrote:You don't care what you do! lol

Well done! :D
Yep, starting to get fun. I missed a run Monday so I did another week 8 run today after doing one yesterday. Didn't feel tired at all. Even ran more than the recommended 28 minutes. I've become addicted again! :D
Truebrit

Post by Truebrit »

I'm starting to feel the same. I have to miss tonight's run (W6 R3) because we have too much going on, and I'm feeling really grumpy right now! I want to run and I think I'm going to have a tantrum if I can't! :x
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Week 8 done. One week to go.
Truebrit

Post by Truebrit »

Todd H wrote:Week 8 done. One week to go.
You're almost there!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Truebrit wrote:
You're almost there!
Yep. I've come a long way from not being able to finish the very first run to now. I'm already planning what comes after finishing. My next goal after finishing is 5 miles. After that who knows. Half marathon maybe? :D
Truebrit

Post by Truebrit »

Todd H wrote:
Truebrit wrote:
You're almost there!
Yep. I've come a long way from not being able to finish the very first run to now. I'm already planning what comes after finishing. My next goal after finishing is 5 miles. After that who knows. Half marathon maybe? :D
Yes, indeed! Isn't that incredible? You couldn't finish Week 1 Day 1, and now you have almost completed the program and are looking ahead to what's next! I am simply amazed at the success of the Get Running app. I finally found the opportunity to do my next run after a 3 day break, and guess what? A 25 minute run turned into a 40 minute run! I was doing so well that I figured I would run through the 5 minute cool down. I still had a ways to go to get to the end of the trail where I was parked, so I just kept going, and reached the 3 mile marker in 40 minutes! That's all without a break in running, and at the end, my legs were a bit tired, but I still wasn't out of breath! So, thanks for the inspiration, Todd H. I remembered how you kept going after your last run, and thought I'd do the same! :D
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

One down two to go.