Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Todd H

Re: Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Post by Todd H »

Because I missed my Monday run due to a stomach bug, my runs were off by a day, which put me running week 6 run 3 tomorrow. But because I don't want to get up early on a Saturday I went ahead and ran it this morning. Running back-to-back runs without a days rest was a little tougher than I thought but I pushed through it. At least now I'm back on schedule and can rest this weekend. Week 7 is up next!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Setback...was at the emergency room last night until 4 am. Looks like I have a kidney stone. Until I pass this thing I won't be running.
matt

Post by matt »

Ow. Tough break! You look after yourself, make sure you're well before you start back up again. And don't forget it's fine to drop back to earlier weeks in the plan when you hit an enforced break like this.

Get well soon!

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Thanks Matt. Thanks to modern medicine I'm not feeling much pain at the moment. ;)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

OK, so I've missed two weeks thanks to kidney stones. Had the last piece removed yesterday. And while I don't think I'll have to start over, I know I've lost endurance. I'm planning on starting back Monday. I think I may go back to week 5 and start from there.
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

Oh no! So sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I just finished w7r2 and if it makes you feel any better, I looked back on the app tonight to see when I started. I was afraid to look because I knew it was a lot longer than 7 weeks! And It was actually March 20. :oops: I stopped and started a lot, but kept progressing forward as my body would allow. So keep with it as soon as the pain goes away! You'll be amazed at how well your body can pick it right back up!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Started back running again. Because it's been a couple of weeks I went back and started week 5 again. Honestly, it was fairly easy. I didn't have any trouble with the runs. Looks like it won't take me long to get back to where I left off.
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Week 5 run 2 this morning. I struggled but finished. It's a good thing I did go back to week 5. There's no way I would have been able to do week 7 after taking off a couple of weeks. I'm honestly not sure if I can do the 20 minutes Friday. I'm going to give it a shot though.
matt

Post by matt »

Looking forward to hearing how you do! Just take it slow and you'll be fine, I reckon.

Cheers,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Finished week 5 run 3...again. Struggled with breathing but finished the twenty minutes. On to week 6...again... :)