Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Todd H

Re: Week 1 day 1...couldn't finish

Post by Todd H »

Looks like I won't finish out the week. Developed extensor tendonitis in my right foot. Think I may have tightened the shoe laces on that foot a little too tight. Gonna rest up and hopefully repeat week 4 starting next week. :evil:
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Restarted week 4 yesterday and ran all the runs. Foot seems to be fine and I made sure to loosen my shoe strings a bit. Almost didn't finish the last 5 minute run but pushed through it. Just missing that Friday run seems to have taken a little of my endurance. Hopefully repeating week 4 will get me ready for week 5 and the 20 minute run.
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Tomorrow is the start of the dreaded week 5. :shock:
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Week 5 run 1 done with no issues. After the first 5 minutes I didn't want to stop because I had developed a nice breathing and running rhythm. Two 8 minute runs Wednesday and then 20 minutes Friday and this week will be done. I'm starting to enjoy running again. :D
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Week 5 run 2 done. The end of the second eight minutes came right at a hill but I pushed through it. Next up is Friday's dreaded 20 minute run.
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

20 minutes done! Feels good.
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

I am in awe - just had to say well done :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

I'm into week 6 and not struggling with runs any more. I'm pretty sure I could run 30+ minutes now. Breathing is good and my legs don't hurt any longer.
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Great stuff! I love seeing posts like this!

I hope I have the determination to be where you are in 4 weeks :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Thanks. It's a weird feeling running and not having to catch my breath or have my legs hurt. I ran week 6 run 2 today and after the second ten minutes I almost didn't want to stop. Nothing left now but long runs so the training wheels are off. :D