Week 5 run 3 - solid 20 mins (eek!)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
SkiPixie

Re: Week 5 run 3 - solid 20 mins (eek!)

Post by SkiPixie »

Congratulations Jysmystry! You are brilliant to run through those difficulties and finish 'on top'. You are my running hero!
Run Baby, Run Baby, Run Baby, Run
Trunner

Post by Trunner »

Yey me! Ran for 20 minutes non stop. Hard to believe and I never would have thought it possible at the beginning of the year. Kept the pace really slow and steady and focused on breathing deep and gentle and through my nose. I had a moment of panic after the first minute as the self doubt crept in. Then I told myself "failure is not an option" and knuckled down to it. I was beaming to myself in the last 5 minutes when I realised i was gonna do it and even speeded up a teeny tiny bit in the last minute. I'm posting this as it was reading posts like this that allowed me to think I could do it too. I have never been able to run for more than about 2 minutes in my adult life so I'm buzzing!
SkiPixie

Post by SkiPixie »

Yep! I did my 20 minute run this morning, I even did a further 2 minutes after some walking too. Feeling fantastic now and really well set up for the week ahead :D
Run Baby, Run Baby, Run Baby, Run
Jysmystry

Post by Jysmystry »

Well done skipixie, you have done the hard part, now its just the slightly dull bit to go :))
You can run but you'll just die tired
nipponnay

Post by nipponnay »

I did my 20 minute run a week ago, but then I got ill so I missed a whole week of running :( Today I went back and re-ran W5R1, and I'm going to do W5R2 on Wednesday, and maybe again on Friday. It's my hen do this weekend, and I really don't want to tire myself out and get ill again, so this week it's all about easing myself back in and next week I'll smash Week 6 :D
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

W5R3 tomorrow! R2 was good so I'm sure I'll be fine. Can't believe that I'll actually be able to run 30mins straight at the end of this programe. Goodluck to everyone else that's at this stage of the game.
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

I did it! So happy I hung in there. My shins hurt for the first time since the first week though. This forum has been a great source of learning and encouragement. Thanks guys.