Jan 1 / Week 1 / Run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Angelwings

Re: Jan 1 / Week 1 / Run 1

Post by Angelwings »

Hi
Did first run today and it went well. Just getting back into running after a year break so starting from scratch, ugh. I like the app and prompts are good.

Cheers
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Typical weather!!

Cant even get out my front door never mind running. Will give it a couple of hours to see if it eases up a bit.
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

Fantastic all of you, believe me within 2 months you will be jogging straight for 25 minutes, then on to 30!
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 1 Run 2

Found a break in the weather so got out and did the 2nd run. Found it hard going, maybe even tougher than the first run.
I ran around the football pitches near where i live and i think all the rain made the ground very heavy. The last few runs were very slow but i got them all done.
My breathing was ok, only really felt it for the last 2 runs. Legs still aching but bearable. Plenty of stretches done.
Looking forward to Thursday.

ausgirlscouchto5ks wrote:Fantastic all of you, believe me within 2 months you will be jogging straight for 25 minutes, then on to 30!
This seems impossible to me right now, we'll see. ;)
Jysmystry

Post by Jysmystry »

Haha yeah in week one it does but honestly if you can stick it to week 5 you will be amazed how easy it actually is, when you make it you will really see how amazing this running programme is :)

As inhave probably already said in about 30 other posts I couldnt finish week 1 run 1 but i not only ran the 20 minutes with ease inthen did another 10 minutes straight after on a hill interval thing on the road bike haha. Just stick at it mate, totally worth it.
You can run but you'll just die tired
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 1 Run 3

Well, that was a bit like like running into a wall.

Completed all the runs, albeit the runs into the wind were more of a walk/stumble. :)

I dont feel like ive improved since run 1, should i ?

Wondering wether to do week 1 again or have a go at week 2. :?:

Rob
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Its very difficult to run into a head wind. Try week 2 and see how you get on. You maybe surprised at yourself! If its too hard then I would suggest you just do run 3 again. Good luck and happy running :D
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 2 Run 1

Done it !! :D

Completed all 6 runs. Didnt really find it harder than week 1 runs. Legs felt heavier for the last 3 runs but got through it.

Ran for the 1st time in the street instead of around the football pitches. Didnt find it any harder, might be aching more tomorrow. We'll see.

Good luck.

Rob
Johntownfan

Post by Johntownfan »

Hi all,
Like a few of you I started Get Running on New Year's Day, am doing week 2 run 2 tomorrow and am really enjoying it, am thinking of joining a running club and building up to a half marathon sometime this year. I am a type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent) and would value any tips from fellow diabetics to keep my blood sugars under some sort of control on longer runs, any advice would be much appreciated!
:)
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 2 Run 2

Just got back. Went ok. Still cant feel me making any real progress. The last 2 or 3 runs are a real struggle but i do get through them, just !

How did you go johntownfan? The thought of running a real race of some sort is brilliant and is definitely something to aim for.

Rob