Jan 1 / Week 1 / Run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
expat68

Re: Jan 1 / Week 1 / Run 1

Post by expat68 »

The improvement doesn't happen overnight. You just finish your run one day and think "Wow, X weeks ago I struggled to do 8 x 1 minute runs, and look at me now!" It's slow and steady improvement, and there are good days and bad days, but you'll surprise yourself.

Good luck! :)
starknut

Post by starknut »

rob_5 wrote:Week 2 Run 2

Just got back. Went ok. Still cant feel me making any real progress. The last 2 or 3 runs are a real struggle but i do get through them, just !

How did you go johntownfan? The thought of running a real race of some sort is brilliant and is definitely something to aim for.

Rob
Of course you've made progress! Remember how you felt during the first week's runs? You're definitely improving, Rob!
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 2 Run 3

Week 2 completed. :D

Back in the fields today, definitely easier on my legs.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Good Luck

Rob
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

You will meet many challenges, physical and psychological, and then before you know it you will be jogging 30 minutes!!

It is just overcoming all these barriers that is the trick. Fantastic work, all of us :)
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

Yesterday I finally started! I nearly quit the program in the first run, but I read on the app website that if you need to pause a recover... Do it! I did! After that I got through all 8 runs! I still can't believe I did. It's been a dream to be able to run. Last summer I weighed on at 267 pounds. I could barely walk much less run. I'm down 30 pounds and I decided to give this app a try. I'm so proud myself and excited for day 2 run 2 tomorrow!
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Stephlperry76 wrote:Yesterday I finally started! I nearly quit the program in the first run, but I read on the app website that if you need to pause a recover... Do it! I did! After that I got through all 8 runs! I still can't believe I did. It's been a dream to be able to run. Last summer I weighed on at 267 pounds. I could barely walk much less run. I'm down 30 pounds and I decided to give this app a try. I'm so proud myself and excited for day 2 run 2 tomorrow!

Well Done !!!

Its weird that we're actually looking forward to the next run. :D
Jysmystry

Post by Jysmystry »

Yeah you do dont you!! I get annoyed sometimes on non running days haha.

I also found that from week 4 i got the most intense post-run buzz thats lasts all day. I love it :))
You can run but you'll just die tired
Kelly85

Post by Kelly85 »

Hi Rob,
I have just done week 1 walk 1. I am so glad I found your post.
I felt the same with my runs as you did on your first. ThInk I need to eat something before hand too, felt like I was burning up a bit.
Congratulations on being able to run for 25 mins.
It was a little embarrassing doing it around town. Found myself waiting a few extra seconds to get past people.
I am moving to the city soon though and I know of some great walks there.
Will hopefully feel more comfortable.

Your post has inspired me.

Happy running! :)
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Kelly85 wrote:Hi Rob,
I have just done week 1 walk 1. I am so glad I found your post.
I felt the same with my runs as you did on your first. ThInk I need to eat something before hand too, felt like I was burning up a bit.
Congratulations on being able to run for 25 mins.
It was a little embarrassing doing it around town. Found myself waiting a few extra seconds to get past people.
I am moving to the city soon though and I know of some great walks there.
Will hopefully feel more comfortable.

Your post has inspired me.

Happy running! :)

Well done on your 1st run. :D
I know what you mean about being embarrassed. I still prefer running around the fields where theres no-one about. Once im up to 3 mins ill be out on the street in public. :lol:
rob_5

Post by rob_5 »

Week 3 Run 1

Just completed 1st run of week 3. Surprised myself that i got through the 3 mins runs, although the last minute of the 2nd run was more of a stagger. :D

It made the 1.5 min runs seem easy in comparison, was only 2 weeks ago that i was struggling to get through a minute.

So, very impressed with the program so far, looking forward to tuesdays run.

Rob