I did it! 30 minutes!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
starknut

I did it! 30 minutes!

Post by starknut »

Woke up to a horrible, overcast day, and as I got my toddler son ready to go out in his jogging stroller, it started to rain. Since I had Mini Stark with me, I didn't dare go out! If it had been me by myself, I would have gone in a heartbeat. :lol: I was so determined to do my 30 minute run today, since I'd had two days to psych myself up for it.

So, out to the garage we went to find my treadmill, and unearthing that thing and getting it out and ready to go was a workout in itself! I had to stop at the halfway point, not because I wanted to, but because Mini Stark found a bag of lightbulbs somewhere. :? It sounds so bad, but we have so much stuff in that garage that we haven't sorted through since we moved here, and he didn't want to do anything but dig through the boxes looking for treasure. Well he found it! To make myself feel more like I hadn't cheated, I added an extra minute to my run, just to make up for the bag-of-bulbs distraction.

There was never a point in my run where I felt like I couldn't do it! It was amazing! I actually wanted to keep going when I was through!
Jysmystry

Re: I did it! 30 minutes!

Post by Jysmystry »

Hahaha thats amazing!! Well done(to you both heeh)
You can run but you'll just die tired
Trunner

Post by Trunner »

Wow! V inspiring! And not held back by your toddler. Fantastic! I run at night after my smallies are in bed. I considered the stroller thing but I feel this app is something I just want to do alone. Well me, coach clare and all of you! Starting week2 tomorrow as week 1 went better than expected. Thought I would have to repeat it at least once. V excited! See u on the graduate forum ha ha
Hackneylady

Post by Hackneylady »

Congratulations! I'm in week 5 and in awe of you for doing this with so many obstacles in your way.
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

Woooo hoooooo! Go starky!!! Only a couple of days behind you! Yay!
starknut

Post by starknut »

The treadmill was a terrible idea, one I have regretted mightily today. Oh my goodness, my legs. I didn't realize that running on a treadmill would change my gait enough to make me sore from the waist down! I look a sight trying to take the stairs! :lol:
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

I just jogged for 30 minutes too! Can you believe how far we have come in the last few weeks!?

It was so slow and I only covered 4 kms, but I am so happy because my goal for today was just to confidently complete the time and I wanted to go at a pace that enabled me to easily achieve it.

Soon we will be in the "graduate" forum hehehe.
starknut

Post by starknut »

Way to go, Ausgirl! No, I can't believe it: I had my final run yesterday and really struggled, so I kept reminding myself of how I felt when I first started, and wasn't it amazing that I could run like this at all? It was so motivating. I may have had an awful, grim, plodding deathmarch of a run, but I completed all 30 minutes without stopping, which seemed IMPOSSIBLE when I started C25k.

And when I got home, I took a picture and posted on the Roll of Honor thread in the graduates forum, and that felt pretty nice. :D