First run tomorrow!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Janecampbell

First run tomorrow!

Post by Janecampbell »

Well I've been reading about this app for weeks and decided to take the plunge. Havent been running for a long time but determined to do it. Wish me luck!
Jysmystry

Re: First run tomorrow!

Post by Jysmystry »

I love it when new people start, its so exciting.

Update this thread after each run so we all know how your getting on and can support you. You can then also look back and laugh remembering how you used to struggle, it never ceases to amaze me how fast i have improved following this app :)
You can run but you'll just die tired
Janecampbell

Post by Janecampbell »

Thanks for your support. I will definitely let you know how tomorrow goes!
Kelly85

Post by Kelly85 »

Hi.
I started my first run today.
I have never been a runner.
The first few runs we're good. The middle ones were hard and the last two were better knowing I was nearly there. The walking Inbetween got slower too.
I feel good though.
How did yours go?
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

I'm with JM, we were all where u were and now we are joggers hehe
Janecampbell

Post by Janecampbell »

Hi Kelly and to others who have replied. First run just finished! I actually had to wait until it got a bit dark as I felt so self conscious about going out. From run 6 I had a battle on my hands but what a fantastic app for motivating you! It was quite tough but already looking forward to the next run! :)
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

I have just completed week one and I also go out in the dark first thing in the morning to avoid anyone seeing me! I found week one okay and like you the coaching helps as once I 've gone halfway I know I can complete it. My running playlist helps lots too, don't think I could it without the music. I have never tried running before (not since school 20 years ago) and I'm really surprised how much better I feel after just one week, although I have changed to a healthier diet too. Still hard to imagine running for 30 minutes non stop but I'm determined to give it my best shot.
Janecampbell

Post by Janecampbell »

Oh that's great that you feel good after completing week one. Well done! Yes like you my playlist helped me through it as well as cues from the app which were excellent. Just one question. Did you run with your phone in your hand? I had mine in a bumbag thingy but it annoyed me a wee bit
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

I wear a sports bra and I put my phone under the strap of it on the top of my chest and I wear a tight fitting thermal top over it and it doesn't move around at all and you can set it up to lock your phone so It doesn't change. I start my i pod first on my running play list and then start the app and once i put it under the strap I don't touch it again until I have finished. Thanks for your positive words, I'll keep you posted with how I progress, what level are you on?
Janecampbell

Post by Janecampbell »

Ah maybe I'll try that then. I'm just on week one run one. Just starting out! Must say that I feel it in my legs tonight!