can you change the days?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
zoejo

can you change the days?

Post by zoejo »

Hello,
I completed week one yesterday and am due to start week two on monday but I think I would prefer to have just one day rest as I fear two days and then starting again maybe harder, has anyone else done this? did it work or did you burn out too fast and not complete the full programme? any advice appreciated.
starknut

Re: can you change the days?

Post by starknut »

You can run on any day you choose, but personally, I come back from two days rest feeling like a beast: that first run of the week is the one where I am most likely to set a new distance record, record a new personal best mile, or just have an overall faster average pace.
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I will stick to the two days rest for now then and see how I progress. I found week one okay but I still can't imagine being able to run for 30 minutes in just 8 weeks!
starknut

Post by starknut »

No one can, when they start! Tomorrow is my final run of the program, and I still have a hard time believing I can run for 30 minutes. :lol: I get to the halfway point and am not breathless, and remind myself of the first few weeks when even running for three minutes was almost too much. It is amazing, you'll see!
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

I started doing (what I termed) a "No Pressure Session" on the Saturday, which is a repeat of a session from the week, although I didn't have the pressure to complete it.

This may help in your desire to only have one day rest.

It meant I was sometimes doing 4 sessions a week. Probably not recommended but I just really really felt like exercising on the Saturday and I wasn't going to waste this new feeling!
Jacster

Post by Jacster »

So did you do the fourth run without the app then? I tried to do a fourth run but the app jumped to week two and I want to keep the weeks as they are - anyway around this?
starknut

Post by starknut »

You can repeat a week. It only repeats the run, not the entire week, so you can move on to a new week whenever you like.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Jacster wrote:So did you do the fourth run without the app then? I tried to do a fourth run but the app jumped to week two and I want to keep the weeks as they are - anyway around this?
Hi Jacster,

If you would like to re-run week 1, here's what to do (the same process can be used to jump forwards or backwards to any week).

• Scroll the running "journey" at the bottom so that week one is shown.
• Tap on week one and it will become selected in blue.
– the background text will change to tell you about week one,
– the button at the bottom will change to read "Run Week 1".
• Tap on the run button. Get Running will ask if you really want to jump to week one. Confirm that you do and then the run will start.

Keep up the good work!

Happy running,
Benjohn