Week 4 Run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Stephlperry76

Re: Week 4 Run 1

Post by Stephlperry76 »

Wow...I concur! It was quite a jump from last week. I survived!
JoelGwood

Post by JoelGwood »

Way to go, both of you! I definitely agree, this is SOO exciting to be a part of!
SkiPixie

Post by SkiPixie »

Well Good Luck, Steph. How did it go? Just read your blog and so impressed with your progress and your dedication. Well done! I am doing W4 R2 later this morning and looking forward to it!
Run Baby, Run Baby, Run Baby, Run
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

Thanks Ski...
I blogged about it tonight. Check it out!
cks123

Post by cks123 »

Hi I ran my first week4 r1 tonight
I could never run very far before I always got bored
But with this app I can't stop
Can't wait till my next run
alec

Post by alec »

Huge congrats to all of you guys for getting this far. I just did W9R2 today and have the final run due on Thursday. And you know what, and I know this might sound wierd, but I am kinda jealous of you guys! I am really looking forward to finishing the app but am also dreading the fact that from now on I will be 'on my own' so to speak!

Anyway, congrats again and KEEP IT UP. If a 260lb 40 year old who drinks and eats too much can do this then you can also. And yes, it does get easier!
SSMRuns

Post by SSMRuns »

Well I did W4R1 this morning...and I am not happy!

I have had a pretty easy time of it until now, running on a treadmill. I have been so surprised that I have actually been able to do this. I have also been walking 30 minutes at a brisk pace (3.4 mph) the non-running days and doing a one hour pilates class once a week.

This morning I was doing good until the last 2 minutes of the final 5 minute run - I was telling myself I could do it and then all of a sudden I was standing on the side rails...not even sure that I consciously made a decision to do that. I then slowed the treadmill down (4.4 mph to 4.0 mph) and jumped back on. At about the 1 minute remaining point I did 15 seconds of fast walking and then ran the last 45 seconds. So in total I did not run or walked about 30 seconds of the last 5 minute run....and I am so disappointed. I can not stop thinking about those 30 seconds....I made myself walk the 2 km to work to try to make up for it but I am still obsessed.

So - do I start the week over again on Wednesday, or do I move onto W4R2???
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Started W4 today and experienced pretty much what everyone else has. First 3 & 5 mins were a breeze. Had to dig deep to get the las two runs in. I'm still shocked at how quickly I've improved and actually starting to enjoy running. :D

SSMRuns I don't think you should worry too much about those last 30 mins. If you really want to prove to yourself that you can do it you could repeat W4R1.
SSMRuns

Post by SSMRuns »

Thanks Ambrose

I did W4R2 today and it again was not that great - actually worse then Monday's run!! I did not stop but I certainly walked moments of each run. I just did not have any power to me today. Now when I think back to the past couple of days I think that I have not had enough protein, and maybe that is my lack of energy.

Think I will finish the week and re-run it again next week - doing something is better then doing nothing!
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

I ran W4R2 yesterday and found it challenging. The previous night was valentines so had some wine and went to bed a lil later than usual. So I'm hoping W4R3 will be a better run.