Week 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Shazw74

Week 3

Post by Shazw74 »

I have just completed week 3 run 1 and happy I managed to complete it. Considering I struggled to run for 1 minute a couple of weeks ago this feels like an achievement. My breathing also has improved however am now getting pains in my knees. I'm about 5 stone overweight so this doesn't surprise me. Roll on run 2. I'm actually looking forward to it :)
starknut

Re: Week 3

Post by starknut »

Well done! That first three minute run is definitely something to be proud of. It gets a bit easier from here: not that you won't struggle with other weeks, but those first three weeks are HARD because you are starting from nothing. Good for you for sticking with it!
Shazw74

Post by Shazw74 »

Thank you. Struggled a bit on my run today but still managed to complete it.
Also lost 10lbs in the last 6 weeks. Yay me :) :)
Runkat

Post by Runkat »

Well done Shazw!! :mrgreen:
Despina

Post by Despina »

I have the hardest time doing week three. I can't seem to get through that second segment of three minute run. It just kills me to get through that last three minutes. I have had just start week three a second time. Is this normal?
Shazw74

Post by Shazw74 »

Thank you Runkat.

Despina, I struggled on week 3 and can't see me managing week 4. My plan is to see how it goes and just keep repeating it until I feel comfortable to move on. I believe a few people have done the same. We'll get there eventually :)
matt

Post by matt »

Yup, it's perfectly fine and normal to repeat weeks. This kind of training often has odd "plateaus", at different places for different people, too. Far better to repeat a week than plough ahead before you're ready and injure/dispirit yourself.

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)