run 1 week 4 HELP!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
AimeeA

run 1 week 4 HELP!!!

Post by AimeeA »

Hi all

I have attempted run 1 week 4 today and failed :cry:

I have managed all of the runs up to now and I feel a bit de motivated. I have always assumed I can't run as I am a big girl (5ft 4 and 15stone) but I had started to hope that maybe I can but now I wonder if i have reached my limit? Has anyone else struggled with this run? Is anyone else as overweight as me?

I managed it all apart from the last 5 mins (i did 2.5 mins) then walked. My pace is quite slow I think but I'm not too worried about that at the moment.

Any comments or advice would be gratefully received xxxx
Shazw74

Re: run 1 week 4 HELP!!!

Post by Shazw74 »

Hi,

I did my run 1 week 4 today and like you I struggled on the last run. Also 5.4 and just under 15 stone. When I first started this app I really found it difficult but was starting to improve so was a little down about today's run. My plan is to keep repeating this run until I can do it comfortably.

Good luck on your next run and don't give up. :)
Tim63

Post by Tim63 »

I did week 4 run 3 today & I have not been able to complete the last 5 min run, so I'm going to repeat the week until I feel more confident about it. I'm sure it's in the mind because last week I struggled with the 3 min runs & now I find them a breeze.
I'm 15.7 stone & 5.8, I never thought 4 weeks ago I could run a mile but now I'm covering 2.6 on week 4. :shock:
AimeeA

Post by AimeeA »

Aww I'm pleased its not just me! Thanks guys! Next attempt tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on! x
SSMRuns

Post by SSMRuns »

I was the exact same way -
W4R1 - had trouble last 2 mins
W4R2 - had trouble for the whole run
W4R3 - no issues what so ever!!!
Repeated W4R3 - no issues again!
W5R1 - DID IT THIS MORNING!!!

Just keep at it. I needed the confidence booster of repeating the 3rd run again and am so glad that I did. KEEP AT IT!!! You are doing awesome!
AimeeA

Post by AimeeA »

i did a little better today (run2 week4). how did you get on with week 5? x
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

I have just completed wk 4 run 3 and found it ok, I'm quite looking forward to week 5 run 1 3 x 5 min runs as I feel I can achieve this but looking ahead to week 5 run 2 - 2 x 8 mins runs and run 3 - 1 x 20 minute run can't imagine doing those, even though I said I managed week 4 run 3 today with relative ease it just seems like a massive leap as I can't wait for Claire to tell me that I nearly finished the five minutes, how will I ever do 20 minutes in just a weeks time????
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

I nearly quit the program in W1R1 because my calves and shins hurt so bad! Each week I doubted even more. I am now on Week 7 running 25 minutes. You CAN do this! Repeat the day if you have to, but DO NOT STOP! Your body will adapt and you will be amazed! :)
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

As always even though I had doubts I completed the two x 8 min runs today and the next one is 20 minutes on Tuesday. I cant believe I'm writing this but the two 8 minute runs were not as bad as weeks 1,2 & 3, after five minutes of running I seem to find a natural pace and breathing rhythm, Ill update how I do with the first long run with no walking!!
AimeeA

Post by AimeeA »

Wow, well done zoejo! Can't wait to hear about the 20 min run. I'm on a bit of a break unfortunately as I have a sinus infection :( I'm on antibiotics and am feeling a little better so I'm aiming to start running again on friday x