Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Shiloh17

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by Shiloh17 »

Hi! Im Chris from Pennsylvania. I recently had my third son, and am trying to get back in shape. I used to run, but nothing competitive. Today was my first attempt at the program, and it went great! I really like the app so far! Im running on a treadmill at the gym, nc the weather isnt great here to be outside. I feel good after the first run, and am looking fwd to the next one!
Bvince74

Post by Bvince74 »

Hi all newbie here :) just completed week one names Brian from Sussex , am aiming to complete the Hastings half in march so thought I'd better start actually running .
cu79

Post by cu79 »

Hello All I'm new to running! I plan on starting tomorrow 11/22/10! I am 31 years old from Missouri I'm an independent beachbody coach and have done programs like P90X, Insanity and RevAbs! Although these programs are all challenging I have never just went out and ran. In high school I played tennis and basketball and I never liked running, so now 14 years later I have decided I want to like it!! I have heard so many of my friends say they love it and I want to give it try!
So tomorrow I will start my C25K journey, it will be tough for me but I'm excited to see the outcome!
Staysea

Post by Staysea »

Just started this week. I'm on run 2 of week 1. I live across the pond in Pennsylvania. Winter is setting in and I am running on a treadmill rather than outdoors. Any advise on using a treadmill effectively with this program gladly taken. Even in the fittest of my days I never enjoyed running but have always envied those who do. I have always been an aerobic, step, kick boxing classes kind of girl. I'll be 38 in two weeks. I have been saying for years that i want to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40. Hopefully this program will kick start my desire to reach this goal !!
Dlucas50

Post by Dlucas50 »

Hi, I'm Dee. I gave myself this app for my 64th bday. I have never run/jogged, but walk a lot with my dog. I made it through week 1 okay with no aches or pains, but I sure get winded! I'm tryng to decide whether to repeat week 1 or go on to week 2!
kadbean

Post by kadbean »

Hello my name is Kathryn… I am on week 4 run 2 (although I did week 3 over 2 weeks because of the snow and ice). I have never been able to run…. And have always felt very self conscious about it! I bought this app because I HATE going to the gym at night! but the Gym doesn’t open early enough for me to go before school ( I’m a teacher not a pupil) I have been getting up early (5;15) and going out for half an hour, leaving me enough time to get ready for school after my run.. Another bonus of this is there is NO-ONE around so they can’t see my phoebe style running. It is VERY cold out at the moment and I thought I would find it harder to get out of bed than I do. But I am actually really enjoying it.. I LOVE the lady who speaks to me; I have called her Jayne… I LOVE that if I run three times in the week I am aloud the weekend off too. One quick question… do the runs get longer? I would really like on the first screen there to be a total time the run will take (including warm up), just if they get longer I will need to get up earlier.
What a FAB app thanks sooo much

Kathryn :)
Craigers42

Post by Craigers42 »

Hey all, craig reporting first run in week 1..
Felt great and looking forward to end result
I've always incorporated running into my workouts
but have been limited by distance and pace,
so trying to use this to increase my running strength
Excited to see how everyone and myself progress thru the weeks
(Kathryn- I love the Phoebe style reference!)
Keep up the great work all!!
kmart

Post by kmart »

Hi, my name's Karin and I'm on week 4 run 2 and going strong!

4 years ago I took up running and lost 3 stone, so I already know the benefits. Unfortunately life and Uni got in the way and I let the running slip so I was back to square 1 when I started this app. During the recent snow I actually found myself annoyed that I couldn't get out there and run!!
I have to admit that I have also used this as a new excuse to go shopping and buying some exciting new trainers and running gear, all in co-ordinating pink and black. I've recently bought some Adidas Kanadia running trainers, specifically for people with a high instep. As well as being beautiful, the grips on the bottom feel like you're running on velcro, even on ice.
If you go into sports direct to the 'He Runs, She Runs' display they have a gadget thing to measure you're instep and also you're leg posture to determine which trainers will give you the most support (or step on a bath mat with wet feet and examine the resulting footprint).
I can't quite believe that by Christmas Eve I'll be running for 20 minutes but here goes. Apart from the obvious physical benefits I also run for mental health, which is fortunate because I have been diagnosed with depression and I run over a motorway bridge! (This is a joke! If I can't joke about my mental health, or lack of it, who can?) I really do run over the motorway but I find it oddly beautiful in the dark with all the lights....But seriously, during an episode of severe anxiety last year, running was my saviour, burning off the excess energy, giving me time and space to think, and releasing endorphins.
Quite apart from anything else I love the feeling of being able to say 'Sorry I missed your call, I was running...' :D

Kathryn...I always feel like I'm in a Rocky montage, but I am acutely aware of my Pheobe-ishness to everyone else, and I don't care!!

One last thought...we all appear to love this app (and quite rightly) but only 11 people have reviewed it on itunes...I think we should get the reviews up so that other non-runners can find the app that will transform their lives (or at the very least, their health)!

Happy running/jogging/ambling/having a go!!
PicNic

Post by PicNic »

Hello, my name is Nicole and I am from Calgary, Alberta in Canada. I'm 35 and recently had my second son in September. I was looking for something to get me back in shape and found this app, so far I really like it. I'm currently on week 3 run 2 and I'm really feeling like I am going to stick with it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you!
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Hello all,
My name is Carol, and I live in California, USA, near Yosemite National Park. I'm starting the program today, and have just finished my first session. I use a treadmill, so I think your App is going to be perfect for me! Thank you for your work on this.
C