Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
kelliliz99

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by kelliliz99 »

Hi. Just started the program today. Hoping to build my cardio endurance. I'm 46 from northern California. I battle with a foot problem but it looks that my new asics are a good fit!!!
MaryM

Post by MaryM »

Hey all! I'm a 31 year old mom of 2 and a nursing student; I also work at a restaurant 20 hrs/wk. I can't believe in this hectic time I am now finding a live for the gym! I was about 40 pounds more then I cared to be and now after 2.5 months of Weight Watchers and the gym I am down 15 lbs. I have been wanting to start running and Purchased this app awhile ago but just got finished my wk1 day1 run!! Felt good! Hope to keep you all updated on the progress!!! I was going to wait until the semester was over but I thInk I can find the 40 min 3x a wk to get it done! Wish me luck!!
conkers1

Post by conkers1 »

Hi I'm Neil,

Started get running last week and I'm determined to get fitter and lose weight.

Good luck to all fellow runners, and don't give up!!
Cheryl97

Post by Cheryl97 »

My name is cheryl I am from San Diego, ca and I use to run all the time but quit. So I hope this will get me back into it.
jogandog

Post by jogandog »

My real name is Claire, I'm 54 and I've never really done any sports.
I walk with my 3 dogs every day.
I thought it would be good for my younger dog and I to start running together, but I've always hated running.

Then, I bought an i-phone, discovered the apps, and came across "Get running".
I've just started with week 1, but I'm already loving it, especially the way it's very progressive.

After taking a look at the week 1 program, I decided to do a "week zero", before actually starting the "Get running" app.
So I ran 3 times, for 30 to 60 seconds, with 2 min. walking breaks, and repeated the run/walks 4-5 times.
That really got me started, week 1 was a breeze and I can't wait for week 2 !
shamrock

Post by shamrock »

Hi all!
I have to confess that I had the app for a few months before beginning using it a week ago! So far so good!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

That's me in then. Aged nearly 55, 5'6" and very overweight. Do a fair bit of walking/hill walking but haven't run in decades (OK nearly 3 decades). Diabetic and with high blood pressure but losing weight as we speak. Did my W1R1 yesterday and despite being a tad stiff today am looking forward to tomorrow. Where I work Mon to Fri is very close to a canal towpath which should be perfect. Now I've got to work out how to stop all my young uber-fit work colleagues spotting me and taking the mick.
Stonekingt

Post by Stonekingt »

Hi all! I'm Troy and live in the state of Illinois in the USA. I'm in my early 40s and recently lost a bunch of weight on some natural products and was looking for a challenge to use up the excess energy. :-) I tried a different app but had problems getting above the running for three minutes mark. Then I made a couple of changes to what I take in about 20 minutes before I run AND downloaded the Get Running app. Between the two I am LOVING running. The way that you have set up the timings, notification of changes etc. seems superior to my previous app in every way. This is a GREAT app. :-) I jumped in at Week 2 since I had already done some running. Tomorrow I am doing Run 3 of Week 4 and haven't had any trouble with the long runs. Five minutes seems like no big deal. AMAZING! Thank you so much for this wonderful app. :-)

-Troy
Mandy123

Post by Mandy123 »

Your such an inspiration!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hello All
My name is Michael I live in a rural area of Washington state not too far from Seattle....a civilian with the Navy get to climb around a bit on submarines its quite fun...anyway working on getting back in shape after some heart issues.....first try out of the "Get Running app is tomorrow! can't wait!

Best to you all,
Michael