Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
phrozbug

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by phrozbug »

Hi Runners,

My name is Marc and I live in The Netherlands. I used to run a bit until 2005, but it was nothing serious. Now, as a dad of 3 kids, I want to become "The-super-hero-running- dad" :D . So now I am running with Get Running. I live in one of the most beautiful parts of Holland (Natural Park Utrechtse Heuvelrug). Follow me on Twitter. @phrozbug
AndyBCFC

Post by AndyBCFC »

Hi everyone. I'm Andy, 22 and from Birmingham, UK.

I've always been skinny so I took that as an excuse to never do any exercise! Doing this mainly to gain a bit of confidence. I didn't have a particular goal when I started (two weeks in now) but I've got an eye on a 5k parkrun when I've finished the 9 weeks. Using Get Running and RunKeeper motivates me to carry on, feel free to add me on there, its a bit lonely! http://runkeeper.com/user/AndyLingard/profile
chinino

Post by chinino »

Hi, I'm Luis, from Miami, USA. I started today--finally--I have been postponing this for a while. I am 45, and in very bad shape. Hope to start the road to be doing some running soon.
Icklerose

Post by Icklerose »

Hello my name is Rose Marie, i live in West Lothian Scotland and started using Get Running after a good friend of mine pointed me in this direction :D

I started the programme on Tuesday so i have done 2 runs so far and so good i guess. Going to have a running analysis done in Edinburgh really soon as i want to know that i am running in the correct way.
munro1888

Post by munro1888 »

Hi, everyone I'm Steve from Milton Keynes. I think this is a great app.
I have never really done any running in the past and thought I'd give it a go. I'm 92 kg and 6 ft 1. I am a bit over weight and hopefully running will help me lose it.
I completed run two of week one yesterday. I done 2.33 miles in 30 mins. My target is 5k in 25 mins I hope that is possible. Thanks Steve
DarrenG

Post by DarrenG »

Morning all. New user, bought the app on recommendation and did my first run yesterday.

I've been a regular gym user for a few years now but haven't done any running for a long time. Had a major op on my leg two years back and wasn't allowed to do any impact stuff until recently. So I'm fairly fit in other areas but still found the first run hard work.

Determined to stick at it though. I do spinning Mon & Friday and Cardio circuits Wednesday and so I'll be following the C25k program Sun/Tue/Thu.

Great app btw.
Hleahsmith

Post by Hleahsmith »

Hello! My name is Hannah, I live stateside in New Jersey...and after a cleaning frenzy I noticed how much dust had accumulated on my very expensive treadmill.
Not to mention the recent acquisition of an iPad 2 I, have gone a little app crazy...and a conversation with my boyfriend- I mentioned I have always wanted to take up running. He laughed...
I purchased "get running"...
It was so easy, the encouraging voice prompts kept me motivated, and gave me the I can do this feeling.
I recommend it to my friend, and am hope that "get running" will be the one thing that finally turns me into the serious runner I have always wanted to be!

Thanks, and happy trails,
Hannah
charlee

Post by charlee »

Hi my name is Charlee and I've just finished my first run!! Surprised how much I enjoyed it. I haven't really done any exercise for about eight years apart from walking my dog so thought I'd use the get running app as Im out walking every night anyway. My husbands currently serving in Afghanistan and I'm trying to lose a little weight and get fit for when he comes back! Would love to be able to run with him and actually keep up!!

Knackered now but what a rush. The way the app encourages me makes me feel like I achieved something when I finished. The only thing I need is some new trainers because I wasn't running for long and I have two blisters. Oh well, excuse to go shopping! :D. Thanks for a fantastic app!! Dogs knackered too!

Thanks again
Charlee x
cardoso

Post by cardoso »

Hi all... I started making changes to my eating habits a month ago and I'm eating healthier and I've trimmed off 12 pounds. I think I'm ready for the next step... some fitness. I am worried though because I way 277 lbs. Wish me luck.
TxSpy

Post by TxSpy »

A beautiful evening in Texas. I never run. Tonight I tried. I ran 5 of the 8 segments. I tried and have lots of room to improve. I guess the pain in my legs is shin splints. I'm 40 and want to drop a couple sizes. I just had to buy size 16 biggest I've ever been. I'm sticking to 1200 calories.

I hope to get better before the summer heat covers us up.

My husband joins me n my girls scoot. They encourage me. No snacks tonight but chocolate sounds good.

All in all I want to be all Jesus has created me to be and I need to be a better steward of me.

Grace. TxSpy