Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Andrew26

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by Andrew26 »

Hi, i will be running my first half marathon this year. I will be taking part in The Perkins Great Eastern Run. I'm very excited but also quite scared! I started running and have been training for 6 months now and i have joined here to see if anyone can give me any advice on this particular race or just share what your first marathon was like? Many thanks
Rindii

Post by Rindii »

I've had this app on my phone for so long I really need to get in gear... I'm one of those people that if I do something I stick to it... But ATM this is my way of thinking and it needs to change...

"I might wake up early for a run, I might also win the lottery the odds are about the same"

Need motivation please!!
JMack1678

Post by JMack1678 »

Hey -

I'm Jo from Brighton, UK and I didn't think I wouldn't ever make it this far!

I've been going to do this for so long and never really got off the couch. Then I got SO sick I simply couldn't do it but now (slowly but surely), it is starting to come together. Week 1, Run 2 and still smiling :D

Very happy to be here - I'll keep you posted...
JMack

Post by JMack »

So, managed to smash my head open on a door stop two weeks ago (it's ok, you can laugh!) Anyhoo, needless to say running wasn't top of the agenda! Back now, stitches out and gone back to week one as I felt this was the best way to avoid my chums in A&E.
Two week delay but I'm going to nail this 5K...and then kick a 10k in the butt - you see if I don't!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi folks!

Day 1 'would've been quicker to walk!'

Have to start somewhere huh?!

I'm Steve, live in Warwick UK and can't wait to get back to being fit once again.

Maybe see you out and about :-)
Moving forwards - one step at a time
Ready4AChange

Post by Ready4AChange »

My name is Shelley
I have a little over 70lbs I need to lose and it's so daunting.
I'm hoping I can do this with the help of this app.
Self esteem is shot and I pretty much never want to do any socializing now!
:cry:
Lovinglife

Post by Lovinglife »

I am Michele, I live in Idaho USA. I ran all the time as a kid, now in my 50s going to try again. Today is day one, will see how I do. Shelly, you can do this. The first step is the hardest and when you work out you feel better. When you lose a few pounds you feel great! When you find muscles your are on cloud nine. Let's do it!
Slaurie

Post by Slaurie »

Hi I'm Sherri, I got into running for about 6 months ago about 5 yrs ago and then stopped when it got cold and dark. I'm looking forword to getting back into it and a friend suggested this app. Just did my first run and this was a really good way to feel like I'd done something but not try too much to quickly and feel like I've failed and that its all too hard.

Still 3 months if daylight saving so plenty if light to run in :)
Urban

Re: Sticky: Introductions! - Aussie!

Post by Urban »

Good morning! I'm Ali and I'm from a small town in Nothern NSW where I live with my husband and two gorgeous kiddlets on a farm. I've always loved running and did it quite a bit when I was single and fitter and living in the city. I have about 20kgs to lose and the overwhelming desire to be in a 10k fun run November 2017. Today was my first run using the app. I'm already so impressed with this community and this fantastic app. It's inspirational and amazing to read all your stories - please keep us updated with your running journeys. Have a sensational day!
Westy

Post by Westy »

Hi, I'm Alex, and my New Years Resolution was to get in shape, and it wasn't working all that well by myself, so here I am and looking forward to the challenge ahead :D