Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
FitAgain26

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by FitAgain26 »

Hi Folks,

My name's Ash and I'm 26 years old from Berkshire, England. I have just finished Week 1 of using this App and I feel amazing.

I used to run/jog for many years, but gave up about a year ago because I was suffering from severe depression after being a victim of crime. In that year I put on nearly three stone, and it wasn't until I recently saw photographs of myself that I realised I desperately needed to lose weight. I wanted to go out running, but felt self-conscious about my weight and thought people would stare at me and think I was fat. I heard about this App from a Radio 1 DJ (Aled Jones), and after hearing him praise it, I thought 'why not? I don't have anything to lose, apart from a measly 59p', so I downloaded it last week.

Because of my low confidence levels, I ran the first week on my treadmill. I have lost six pounds in the first week of using this app and I am now feeling more confident. My clothes fit me better and I am not getting out of breath just from climbing up one set of stairs. I feel energised and ready to face the world with a smile on my face that I no longer need to fake. As I feel good about myself now, next week I am planning to run outdoors. I am hoping to lose another two stone and then I will be happy with how I look. I cannot wait for the moment I look in the mirror and feel proud of the person staring back at me after getting my figure back and looking fantastic.

I can't praise this App enough. Everyone should get it. Thank you to the makers for giving me back my life and making me feel happy again :)

Ash.
Zani

Post by Zani »

Hi! My name is Zani. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. Today was my husband and my first time running using this app and it was awesome! I too have tried to start running on several different occasions and became frustrated when I could not finish. Today I felt challenged but not overwhelmed by my session. My goal is to run the Race for the Cure on Mother's Day and now I really think I can do it! I will keep you posted!
Piclet

Post by Piclet »

Hello everyone!

My name is Lindsay and I live in Charlotte, NC. I am a new runner, and actually a new athlete all together! I have started gaining weight really fast in the past year and have become very unhappy with my body and also with my lack of energy and drive. I have decided to start running since I hear it is the best way to lose weight fast :-) I plan on signing up for a 5k in the near future and I want to get started training!

Lindsay
Baggies

Post by Baggies »

Hi all,
I'm living in snowy Montreal Canada. It's not too much fun trying to walk let alone run outside during our winter season. I downloaded this fabulous app and have rekindled my love for the treadmill in the hopes that once spring rolls around I'll be ready to take on the great outdoors. Eventually I would like to do a charity marathon so I'll keep you posted!

Just finished run#2 of my first week and I'm excited for the next run!
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to finding inspiration in all of you:-)

Baggies
Kentiapalm

Post by Kentiapalm »

Hi all,

My name is Louisa, and im 34 years old. I bought this app after reading about it in a weightwatchers magazine and thought it may help in my goal to lose 2 and a half stone. I gave up smoking 6 months ago and to combat any futher weight gain i joined a gym, ive never really enjoyed exercise, but have found that 6 months later im still going !!
Despite going to the gym, ive only ever managed to jog for 10 minutes on the treadmill, and wanted to increase this further. I have just finished Run 2 of week 1, Ive done both runs outside, I have found it much tougher off the treadmill, but look forward to finishing the programme.
i have just signed up for Race for life in june, so i'm hoping this keeps me motivated.
CHUNKYRUN

Post by CHUNKYRUN »

Hey Everyone!

My name is Nikki...I'm currently need to lose 100+ pounds. I have always been overweight and am finally making myself do something about it. I used to walk the mandatory mile in high school PE class and take the 15 minute penalty. I came across this app and said "hey, why not!??"

I am terribly out of shape and was only able to complete half of week 1 run 1, has anyone else had this issue!? I plan on continuing this program until completion, even if it takes me a while...I think by putting it down in writing, I will be more likely to stick with it!!
Fitzxena

Post by Fitzxena »

Hi! I'm in NJ, just did week 1 run 1, and I'm so excited! I'm 41, NEVER saw myself as a runner, but my cousin kept posting weird stuff about finishing c25k, and after several weeks of seeing this nonsense on face book, I had to ask! Then another cousin started, then a guy at the gym was soo obviously doing it, and I had to chuckle! Then my cousins announced they were gearing up to do a 5k in honor of their mom who passed last summer, so I guess when something just keeps rearing it's head in your life, you just have to get the message! Lol, well I got it and I'm doing the 5k in 4 weeks! It's a walk/run, so I'm not worried, and I'm recruiting others to join me, which just makes me more committed, thanks for a great program! You are helping me achieve what I never imagined possible!
Oj.

Post by Oj. »

Hey everybody,

I'm Charlie, I've been thinking about running for quite some time now, and Get Running finally got me off my butt and out for my first run last night, it was tough but it felt great, still does, I'm actually looking forward to getting out there tomorrow.

I used to be a runner.....a long, long, time ago, but I still remember how good it felt to be in shape and able to run for as long and far as I wanted.....hopefully I can get back to that point.

It's time to quit making excuses, get in shape and lose some weight, I'll be 44 in a few days, my goal is to lose 50 pounds, and more importantly, get my heart and lungs back in shape, I want to run the Tough Mudder when it comes to my state next year, it's a ten to twelve mile obstacle course with walls, monkey bars, mud, water, fire, and even an obstacle that zaps you with electricity.....and I've got about a year to get myself ready!

Looking forward to the journey!
bigbadjan

Post by bigbadjan »

Hi everyone, I'm Jan and I live near Newcastle in NE England. I've recently started using this app after signing up to do Great North Run in September. I'm really enjoying the runs, however im having real problems with pains on insides of my knees. Has anyone else had problems with this and how do you rectify it? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks
HealthyMel

Post by HealthyMel »

Hi Everyone!

I did the C25K program about 4 years ago and loved it but never quit finished the program and did a 5K...

I started again today and really enjoyed it. I have a new work schedule and have had a hard time getting back in a workout routine- I think this is just what i need.

Loved the app- I could listen to my own music this time - Just wondering how it will be to run with an iphone when I am past the beginning stages ....

Looking forward to running again! :D