20 minute run!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Nickiwin

20 minute run!

Post by Nickiwin »

Ive been sat looking at the 20minute run looming for a number of weeks now, and after not being to fully complete the 8 minutes on Monday I was not looking forward to tonight!

All I can say is I DID IT!

To everyone else who is building up to this run have faith in yourself! This ap is fantastic... 6 weeks ago I couldn't finish the 1 minute runs (road running) ... And today I lasted for 20 minutes! Good luck everyone!
Shuffler

Re: 20 minute run!

Post by Shuffler »

Well done!
JoelGwood

Post by JoelGwood »

Congratulations!! I don't know if there's a feeling much more amazing in this journey than the step where you finally find out that you are a true runner!

I hope you have many more amazing milestones in the future!
Nickiwin

Post by Nickiwin »

Thank you both! Just need some good shoes now- any suggestions?
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

Excellent! I felt the same way going into the 20 minute run. Now I'm up to 25! Keep going! As for shoes... Find the nearest running store and have a gait analysis done. That will determine the right shoe for you. It's worth the time and investment in the shoe that they suggest!
Nickiwin

Post by Nickiwin »

Thank you Stephanie! I'll be sure to go to go to the shops- didn't want to invest in anything until I knew I was going to keep it up!

And I can safely say hat I will- I'm finding the ap addictive! Not sure what I'll do when it's complete!

Well done on reaching 25 mins!
Nickiwin

Post by Nickiwin »

And now, however many weeks on, I'm just about to leave for the 30 minutes run... How time flies and how far we have come! Can not believe it! :)