The 20 minute run...not as great as I had hoped!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
SSMRuns

The 20 minute run...not as great as I had hoped!

Post by SSMRuns »

Ok - there is that great thread of 'I DID IT"s that I read in the days leading up to today's W5R3....and I DID IT - kinda??? Where are the rest of the people who did not run the greatest 20 mins??? Am I the only one??

I made it through the first 10 minutes all right, dropped the speed from 4.4 miles to 4.3 miles and continued on. I made it to the 20 minute mark, but I did 'fast walk' for a few seconds a few times...I ended up dropping the speed down to 4.1 miles by the end of 20 minutes.

When I 'fast walked' it was literally for a few seconds and it was almost harder then running - if that makes sense.

Yes, I am still proud of myself but I am certainly not bouncing off the walls. And I certainly do not believe our beloved Claire....I don't feel like a runner yet!

Onwards to W6R1....but I am sure I will be back to W5R3 to make it clean through without slowing down.
Runkat

Re: The 20 minute run...not as great as I had hoped!

Post by Runkat »

Hey,
Well done for making it this far! :)
Don't beat yourself up if you don't run all the way,we all run differently,
so just pace yourself and next time you will run it all :) you can even repeat
a week if you like. It's a pity you can't just repeat 1 run cos I needed to do that
once but I just went for a 28 run without my app so I knew I'd done it.

I'm just finished week 8 and if I can do it anyone can!