I'm starting to feel like a real runner!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
niddynoddy

I'm starting to feel like a real runner!

Post by niddynoddy »

Hi all,

I did run 2 of week 5 today. Two 8 minute runs.

Today I feel like a proper runner. The runs were the longest I have done, I relaxed into them. I was not knackered either. My legs now seem to know what's expected of them too. Aches and pains I had in my shins and knees have gone too.

All in all I am over the moon with how this app.

If there is anyone reading this who is just starting out then trust me, if I can do it, with asthma and being overweight, then anyone can.

Zoe
brunsjk

Re: I'm starting to feel like a real runner!

Post by brunsjk »

Great job!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) Great motivation Zoe, thanks! Also very promising that the pains you had in the first weeks have gone!
niddynoddy

Post by niddynoddy »

It gets better! I did the next run today-20 mins with no walking and I did it.

It's half term and I decided to try to fit an extra run in. It went so well today and I feel so great that I am going to have to stop myself from running again tomorrow.

Zoe
Biscottisblog

Post by Biscottisblog »

Zoe, I know just what you mean!

When I managed my first ever 20 minute run, I couldn't stop telling people that I'm a 'real' runner now! As a previous non-runner for the whole of my 35 year old life, it is literally life changing when you realise you can come from nothing, train slowly and actually achieve.

I'm running for 40 mins now and love it - all newbies reading this; YOU can do it too, I promise! :D

biscottisblog.co.uk xx